Default Hyperlite Broadcast Size

I am in the market for a HyperLite Broadcast and I need some help with what size to purchase, 4'8" or 5'4"?

My kids are 150 lbs. 5'8" & 160 lbs. 6'0" and the bottom end of intermediate surfing skills, but improving quickly.

Both Evo & Water Outfitters size charts indicate the following:

Broadcast 4'8" - 110 lbs. & up
    Broadcast 5'4" - 120 lbs. & up

The Hyperlite Store shows:

Broadcast 4'8" - 80 to 190 lbs.
    Broadcast 5'4" - 130 to 260 lbs.

I have also seen a couple of youtube reviews that suggest the 4'8" is for teens & 'smaller ladies' and the 5'4" is the best all around size.

Personally I am thinking the 5'4", but I don't want it to be clumsy for their size compared to the 4'8". Also I could possibly ride the 5'4" since I am 245 lbs. and 6'4" based on The Hyperlite Store's stats.

For the people that have a Broadcast or experience with one, please let me know your thoughts.
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

The Broadcast is a great all around boat board but I don't think you can bridge the gap with one board.

The 5'4 will be too big and unwieldy for your kids.

They aren't prohibitively expensive to consider having one of each size and that would pretty much cover the gamut of potential riders on your boat. Adults and kids, guys and girls.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

^ this.
    I had the 5/4 and it was too big for smaller folks. gf at 5'4 and 145 wouldn't ride it. too much surface area to pop up on for her.
    quite frankly it was only used for a year or 2 and then became a dust collector in the garage. I gave it to a friend with a boomerang to dink around with when I moved to wisconsin and never missed it.

rc is correct in that it's a great all around "boat" board but betting you will outgrow it quickly.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

My assumptions were correct... 4'8" is the ticket..... Thx RC & sandm.

I do have other boards that they ride and enjoy, but I wanted to add a hybrid to my collection as one of my sons seems to be leaning towards skim style as opposed to surf style like my other son and I didn't want to invest in a skim board to have it collect dust if it wasn't to his liking.

And yes... that is my intention to have it for a 'boat' board for them and their friends to use.
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

they do make a great boat board to have around. 4'8 will be a good learning board to teach others on. you won't have any issues riding it. heck, I still enjoy riding my inland 4-skim and it's a super tiny board for my 5'11 210lb fat arse...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I have an older one we no longer use but that is in good shape. I'll post up the measurements or put it up in classifieds in case anyone is interested. Great boat board.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!