Default Bluetooth Issues on 2018 SL

2018 Supra SL - whenever connecting via Bluetooth most of the time the audio makes a really strange garbled sound. It's annoying as this is the number one way I want to connect with music. Anyone else experiencing this? Already replaced the screen, looking to replace ICE module next.

No issues for me Bluetooth.

As much as i like wireless, i end up plugging in to charge at the same time. The audio quality is much better wired than Bluetooth. In my testing, i get measured distortion at full volume. Back it off one click from full volume and distortion disappears. I used a distortion meter when tuning my amp.

The way i run it now is phone in holder, lightning cable and plug it in. I leave the lightning cable in the boat. And i use a real apple cable so i don’t have connection issues with some off brand ones.
    2022 Supra SL 400 ordered!
    2019 Supra SL 400 passed on for summer fun
    2018 Supra SL 400 Arrived and awesome!
    2014 Axis A20 - Sold to a great family
    1992 Supra Comp T6SM
    1999 Nautique Super Sport

Default Bluetooth Issues on 2018 SL

I agree with Ryann, USB cable > than BT.

BT works fine, just better on the cable

Also the phone setting (equalizer settings) greatly effect system performance.

I set my iPhone to flat EQ and then use the boats EQ. Mixing both EQ’s was giving me issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 04-15-2019 at 06:55 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Good points Larry. You brought up something I forgot about. Don’t mess with EQ EXCEPT to turn down a specific range. Don’t turn them up or you introduce distortion. For mine, I lowered the higher pitch sounds.

Also, my system hated when I changed the forward and rearward balance. It is ok to turn the bow speakers down, but the car-like function of pushing the audio balance to a different location was buggy.
    2022 Supra SL 400 ordered!
    2019 Supra SL 400 passed on for summer fun
    2018 Supra SL 400 Arrived and awesome!
    2014 Axis A20 - Sold to a great family
    1992 Supra Comp T6SM
    1999 Nautique Super Sport

Agree, I found the preset EQ settings were best , I think I use the rock setting.

The zone control works great and I have a few custom presets depending on what we are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

If you’re on an iPhone, I’d suggest turning the EQ off completely. Even with it on flat setting if you change something in the head unit you can cause interference. At least on my ‘17 it makes a difference
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400