Default 2013 Outback V with cracked block

Hey guys, well unfortunately I have a cracked block on my 5.7 mpi in a 2013 outback V. Thank God for freeze protection from the insurance company! So now the question is do I have the dealer replace the motor or do I get a long block from ATK and have the local boat mechanic throw it it? The boat was used to teach people how to ski and wakeboard so it’s got just over 700 hours on it, so I’d like to replace anything that may be at the end of its life. What do y’all think?

Thanks!

my .02, price both dealer and independent and go where you get the best feeling. one will feel more right than the other one especially as you talk to them, compare prices, warranties and overall service.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Your insurance company along with the mechanic makes the determination for reimbursement. Anything you decide that goes beyond that is the owners choice and owner's cost. Look at all the options and cost.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I did my own last year. In my opinion, don’t send a lot on upgrades. Went with flat tops to get a little more compression. New alt and starter. Cost me about $1200 total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the adjuster wants me to get quotes on a full drop in ready to go motor with cats/risers and v drive unit but apparently it’s no longer available from Indmar. A long block from Indmar is $4500. One shop wants to put in a regular Marine roller cam vortec headed 350 for $2600 but it’s only rated at 300hp. For $3900 I can get a 6.2 vortec rated at 340-380 hp. My question is would the computer flip out and would it not run correctly because of the added displacement?