Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Real world colors

img.jpgimg (9).jpgimg (10).jpgimg (13).jpgimg (14).jpg

Hello all, we are planning our boat order for the end of the year. We are kicking colors around now. I know that the colors on the configuration are alot different than real world colors. I'm wondering with the colors that we are narrowing down to if there are some color schemes that we should stay away from that dont translate well from the configurator. Ive noticed that there arent alot of orange accents on boats that ive seen. Is this because the real color looks bad or its just not a popular color? I am hesitant to have a black hull due to chipping and keeping clean. Would an orange hull have as much of an issue with chips showing up? My wife likes the gun metal flake and not much else. I'm open to gun metal, silver,and red flake. I configured a red flake with platinum accent as a wild card but the more I look at it the more I like it. How does the platinum look in real world? Is it a cream? Thanks for any input you have!
    Last edited by Surgical_ass; 04-07-2019 at 06:17 PM.

To me it’s dove grayish with a hint of very light tan. If that makes sense lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post

I'm guessing paired with the wrong colors it could look dirty?

I like the all black too. What are the biggest draw backs from having your color scheme? Water spots and hull scratches?

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    I like the all black too. What are the biggest draw backs from having your color scheme? Water spots and hull scratches?
    I would say hull scratches. They buff out easily, but I’m a painter so to me, that’s an easy fix. I always use boat bling on my boats no matter the color so being all black didn’t stray me. Platinum is ok, but I would prefer it to be more grey in my opinion

The last one you put up is my favorite out of your choicea

I would say hull scratches. They buff out easily, but I’m a painter so to me, that’s an easy fix. I always use boat bling on my boats no matter the color so being all black didn’t stray me. Platinum is ok, but I would prefer it to be more grey in my opinion

How often do you need to buff scratches out of the hull? Are you picking up noticeable scratches every time you go out or is it a couple times a season? When you buff are you just using a car buffer and the boat bling? Thanks for your help!

How often do you need to buff scratches out of the hull? Are you picking up noticeable scratches every time you go out or is it a couple times a season? When you buff are you just using a car buffer and the boat bling? Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    I use a rotary buffer. Just at the end of the year will I buff unless it’s a visible scratch, one that isn’t under the water line. Boat bling is just a quick detailer I use after we pull the boat out each trip. Use hot sauce on the gelcoat and use vinyl sauce on the interior. My boat was used so the scratches were from the previous owner. I am very meticulous so I would assume I prob won’t receive many scratches unless its something submerged.

An yes a rotary is one I would use on a car. The products to use with it will vary by preference. 3m makes great stuff in my opinion.