Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Max height

Default Max height

Looking for a measurement from the ground to highest point of boat on trailer with tower folded on the 2019 model. I've got a 9' door. Thanks!

I’ve got to go by my dealer this weekend to drop off some things. If someone hasn’t chime in by then I can get a measurement for you. I am not sure about a 9’ door since the Max is a very tall boat but I will check for you.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default Max height

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    I’ve got to go by my dealer this weekend to drop off some things. If someone hasn’t chime in by then I can get a measurement for you. I am not sure about a 9’ door since the Max is a very tall boat but I will check for you.
    I don’t have the measurements but it can assure you it will clear a 9 foot door, most folded tower wake boats easily clear 108”

And the majority will clear 8 feet, but it gets close or you may need to remove a bracket to clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 03-18-2019 at 09:34 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I don’t have the measurements but it can assure you it will clear a 9 foot door, most folded tower wake boats easily clear 108”

And the majority will clear 8 feet, but it gets close or you may need to remove a bracket to clear.

It’s possible it would clear. I was just going by posts I’ve seen on here before where a dealer measured a 2018 Max and it was apparently 110”. Also depends on the wheels and tires you have on the Boatmate trailer of course, so maybe that one was running larger wheels than the stock 15” wheels. The 2019’s come with the taller A3 tower so I suspect the height would increase a little more as well. I need to get the measurement for a member on another forum, so if someone can confirm the 2019 height that would be great. Otherwise I will just check this weekend.
    Last edited by haknslash; 03-18-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

This might help

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Ah didn't think to look into the owner's manual although that looks like they're using the 2018 Max owners manual boat image and using the same dimensions. Perhaps the A3 tower doesn't sit any higher?
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default Max height

The tower when folded might have the same high point or at least the same measurement as the 2018 even though it is a different tower
    even though my Makai has a completely different tower you can see what I mean with mine folded where the highest point is.

This is a screen shot of the video so everyone can quick clicking the play icon LMAO! It was the only way I could illustrate it.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Ah I see (and yes I even tried clicking the play button before reading all your post ).
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

TX Surf great looking Makai!!

Sorry to say this, but every time I look at it, it screams at me that it needs 18" wheels/tires on that trailer though.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Default Max height

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    TX Surf great looking Makai!!

Sorry to say this, but every time I look at it, it screams at me that it needs 18" wheels/tires on that trailer though.
    Thanks man!!

Ya as awesome as the 18s look I couldn’t spring the extra 3k when this thing will have a home in a lift in the next year. Believe me I looked hard at the 18s. My dealers demo had them on it and they looked sick but I decided to put the money in the boat for things like the 450 motor, verticals board racks and such since the trailer will just sit for most part. If I was going to trailer it everytime I used it then I would have gotten them

Last edited by TXSurf4; 03-19-2019 at 08:39 PM.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans