Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    I'd stay away from anything google if you can, support both for technical and long term are very very poor. Google tends to pick things up and then ruin them. My whole home is google home automated but I'm total prepared for them to drop support anytime now.. lol..
    Hmmm....hadn't heard this from anyone else I know and I work in Location Analytics/IT.

And I VPN from home on a regular basis.

It could be a PEBKAC issue...

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Hmmm....hadn't heard this from anyone else I know and I work in Location Analytics/IT.

And I VPN from home on a regular basis.

It could be a PEBKAC issue...

You must be new to IT..lol.

I didn't say the device was bad, rather that google will lose focus and abandon randomly, which in IT they're known for..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Back to my modem/ router combo recommendation lol like this one is it worth a $**t or are there better options out there. That one is what google search says is the best but if I listened to google I’d be broke and probably driving a Nissan Frontier. Yes I’m a nub when it comes too this stuff so I do appreciate the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

You must be new to IT..lol.

I didn't say the device was bad, rather that google will lose focus and abandon randomly, which in IT they're known for..
    Yeah, I'm 13 years in IT and I work for ExxonMobil, a Fortune 100 company....I guess they hire greenhorns.

Google does abandon technology, anyone remember Google Glass??

But the fact that they bought NEST and created an ecosystem of home networking, automation & security, I don't think this is a vertical that will fall by the wayside.

Even if he gets 1gig fiber....a 5 year old garden hose isn't gonna flow faster than a fire hose so it's kinda moot without a better router.

I wouldn't bother buying a new router/wifi, the one provided by ATT is good enough. Comes with 5ghz wifi radios, does NAT and anything else you need. You can't disable the routing side but you can disable the wifi. I use it as a pass thru devices so I can do some Nating and AWS VPN tunnels with my ubiquity router and APs but my setup is a little more complicated than a normal user..

Yeah, I'm 13 years in IT and I work for ExxonMobil, a Fortune 100 company....I guess they hire greenhorns.

Google does abandon technology, anyone remember Google Glass??

But the fact that they bought NEST and created an ecosystem of home networking, automation & security, I don't think this is a vertical that will fall by the wayside.

Wow cool, I'm 20+ years in firewalls and enterprise networking, Bank One, Allstate, United Airlines, Northern Trust.. Not sure what the point of this is but, have you ever used google support or "customer service"? It's an experience..lol.

I wouldn't bother buying a new router/wifi, the one provided by ATT is good enough. Comes with 5ghz wifi radios, does NAT and anything else you need. You can't disable the routing side but you can disable the wifi. I use it as a pass thru devices so I can do some Nating and AWS VPN tunnels with my ubiquity router and APs but my setup is a little more complicated than a normal user..
    AWS was cool back in 2014....Azure is the new new. At least for the major players in O&G.

I can't really speak to Google customer service...never needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post
    Back to my modem/ router combo recommendation lol like this one is it worth a $**t or are there better options out there. That one is what google search says is the best but if I listened to google I’d be broke and probably driving a Nissan Frontier. Yes I’m a nub when it comes too this stuff so I do appreciate the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a cable modem and router/wifi, that doesn't work with Verse. You need just a router/wifi access point and you'll plug it into the uverse. But before you buy anything you need to test the speed of the uverse connection. It may being having speed issues. Google how to speed test my internet connection.

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-R6700...s%2C155&sr=8-3
    Last edited by parrothd; 03-18-2019 at 03:34 PM.

AWS was cool back in 2014....Azure is the new new. At least for the major players in O&G.

I can't really speak to Google customer service...never needed it.

You are a trip man, I say google is poor with customer server and support, you say I've never used it..hahaha..Think the issue is you..lol..

You are a trip man, I say google is poor with customer server and support, you say I've never used it..hahaha..Think the issue is you..lol..
    Yep, the issue is definitely on my end.

I never said Google didn't have poor customer support....the point was I wouldn't know because I never needed to speak to someone in Bangalore.

Trolling is tiresome, I guess I'll get back to work.

Edo88, good luck with your home setup. I had the Nitehawk referenced by parrot before switching to a mesh network. Netgear makes good stuff, just make sure you do the security updates on the regular.