Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Bye Supra

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    I'm surprised you felt that way about the Fi. We demoed the Fi and felt it was great, it was loaded so maybe the one you saw was bare bones. I do agree the Ri is an amazing boat and can't wait to get on the water with ours. When I talked to Keenan he was sad to see it go. We have week long trip in April planned with it so I will be sure to post up some pictures for you.
    I come from the automotive engineering field and the Fi 23 I sat in at the 2018 boat show was simply terrible with fit and finish.

The gaps and trim fitment was embarrassing and I sat with one of the Centurion VP’s in the boat and pointed out every “rat hole” on the dash and interior.

Rat holes is an industry term for a bad gap between trim pieces big enough for a rat to fit through.

I used to have pics of them, let me see if I can find them.

He understood and took note, maybe the 19’s are improved??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I think its a really nice looking boat that has a killer surf wave. I would be very concerned with the hydrolock problem however. Make sure that problem is taken care of because that could be a big deal.
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I come from the automotive engineering field and the Fi 23 I sat in at the 2018 boat show was simply terrible with fit and finish.

The gaps and trim fitment was embarrassing and I sat with one of the Centurion VP’s in the boat and pointed out every “rat hole” on the dash and interior.

Rat holes is an industry term for a bad gap between trim pieces big enough for a rat to fit through.

I used to have pics of them, let me see if I can find them.

He understood and took note, maybe the 19’s are improved??

Amazingly I saw the same rat holes. The dash almost looked homemade to me. Like a kit car done in a garage.

Haven’t pored over an Ri. Assume it’s a lot better.

I was not looking to bash the boat on that hydrolock issue, but looking to know if that new exhaust fixed or helped the issue. I recall reading some pissed-off owners on that forum. I have not been on that forum for a long time.

The Fi and Ri looked nice to me at the boat show. Hoping to catch a ride on that big 25 this summer. Too big for me to want to own, but the 23' is the perfect size.
    2018 Supra SL400

"Hopefully you get Keenan’s surf skills too!"

I once spent the day surfing with Keenan and his brother Noah. They surprised the hell out of me by both of them getting on one board - while going 10 mph and then Keenan got on Noah shoulders and they continued around the lake.

This was captured by PBS as a TV documentary called "Boards on the Water".
    2003 Outback Sold (went to Oklahoma)

2009 Outback V Sold (stayed in Florida)

I've been in a couple of centurions and my opinion was the same as posted above. one of if not the best surf waves ever WHEN DIALED with some very nice proprietary wave technology and best factory ballast in the industry but I could not get past the fit/finish of the dash and interior pieces/parts.
    no dealers here locally and haven't been to a boat show since '17 so my experience was from '13-'17. hope they have improved.

at the end of the day doesn't matter what all of us say if you like it enjoy. I'd love to ride that wave.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Did you look at the Fi?

Does it have the new exhaust and does that solve the hydro-locking issues they had?

Do post some pics when you get that rig rolling.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
    Yeah what was it...the Stinger plate allowed a bunch of water to flow into the motor when the boat was at full ballast or something?

My understanding is that because the hull is SOOO deep and there's limitations on driveline angle, that the engine sits REALLY low comparted to the waterline when the boat is slammed. If you look into the engine compartment, you'll see how low the engine is relative to what we're more used to seeing on wake boats.

The "solutions" are fairly straightforward but they're work arounds for sure. 1) If you're going to shut off the engine, empty the ram-fill ballast first. 2) leave the engine running while the boat is slammed.

Basically at rest, the engine on a fully ballasted boat is so low that the exhaust risers are below the water line and when the engine's not running, the water can go from the exhaust outlet up and over the risers and into the block. Yes, it has a flapper, but that doesn't seal watertight so it could slow the backflow but not eliminate it.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

And your right about where the engine sits. These boats require deeper water for sure. The draft on them is 36" on the bigger models. Even the MXZ 24' is 27" of draft.
    2019 Mondo

In all fairness, the Fi is an entry level boat for Centurion and the Ri is high end.

Ri is much nicer than Fi as it should for the price delta.

Some might really not care about the interior fit and finish as long as the wave is good.

I will say Centurion offered to fly the wife and I to California to tour their factory on their dime.

Really nice offer, but picked the Supra.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    In all fairness, the Fi is an entry level boat for Centurion and the Ri is high end.

Ri is much nicer than Fi as it should for the price delta.

Some might really not care about the interior fit and finish as long as the wave is good.

I will say Centurion offered to fly the wife and I to California to tour their factory on their dime.

Really nice offer, but picked the Supra.

Most of the time, if they have to buy your business, it’s not worth it.