Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Factory Moomba covers??

Hey guys, just looking for some input on the factory cockpit, bow and gray boat covers that's optional at time of order. Do you guys see value in the quality of these covers are they strong, water resistant...etc. Do they last is the big question and are they worth it?
    Last edited by Sea N' Things; 04-21-2011 at 09:26 AM.
    Rob Snyder...no not the actor!
    2011 Celestial Blue/Black Accent Moomba Mobius LSV, 340HP

It really depends on what you do with it. Does your boat sit on a lift, out in the weather or in a garage? Do you tow long distances. If you want a true towing cover skip all of these and get the Evolution one the folks on here rave about. My boat sits in the garage and I usually only tow about 40 min. I barely use a cover at all and love the two snap on ones I have (bow and cockpit). When it's cold we'll snap the bow cover on and the kids hide under there.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

hey kane, i'm thinking bow and cockpit just for resale and not getting the gray boat cover but rather an evolution one as I will be towing for up to 10 hrs and the boat will be sitting outside in the driveway during the summer.

If I was getting the Evolution one I'd skip the 2 snap ones b/c they don't keep the water out too well. You have to remember that the boat will be covered with snaps. I don't mind mine but the boat looks better without them.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    If I was getting the Evolution one I'd skip the 2 snap ones b/c they don't keep the water out too well. You have to remember that the boat will be covered with snaps. I don't mind mine but the boat looks better without them.
    Same here...

Thumbs up Vote for Snap Covers!!!

I absolutely love my snap covers. I was worried about the look of the snaps at first but I quickly forgot all about them. They are easy to put on, they trailer really well, perfect for mooring the boat, and they don't rub on the gel leaving marks. Its also nice on brisk mornings to leave the bow cover on. It keep the cockpit toasty, and its a little fort for the kids. I get loads of complements on my snap covers.
    The bow cover has a rubber seal sewn into it, so when your towing in the rain the water is forced out rather than under and into the bow.

The one dislike is I have is the way the cover is cut around the rear leg of my tower. Water can drip in there and leave the floor a little wet under the seat. A very small amount but it does leak a little.

For the money I'd spring for both, especially if you store it outside.
    It would definatley be a good selling point and will extend the life of your snap cover. Ordering it with the boat is the most economical choice as buying it later will cost quite a bit more.

PWI as usual...

Do you really tow with the snap covers on? How far and how fast have you towed with them on? Through rain? How did they do?
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I'm kinda in the same "boat" () and need an outer cover to store it under & keep water out but let it breathe & not mildew. With my last boat, the snap-on covers let too much water in around the edges, and also allow more of the boat to get sun all day every day. Maybe these wrap over the gunwhale more? Advantage snap covers when it comes to my tower that wasn't orignally on the boat... I don't tow it with covers, but towed my last boat with snap on covers all the time w/o problems.

Regardless, any ideas where to look for full covers or what brand to get for my '99 Kamberra? Not meaning to high-jack the thread, but i think this is what you're asking too Sea N'Things?

Thanks!
    Last edited by rc5695; 04-21-2011 at 12:38 PM.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

My vote-bow snap on cover and Evolution towing cover
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

The choice has been made, I kept the bow cover for the kids but deleted the cockpit cover as I will be getting an evolution...thanks to all participents & thank you for playing