Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Southern Surfest 2019?

I had talked to Wolf about this a year back but hadn't seen or heard from him since. Wondering if anyone knows whether this is a go for 2019? I know their website is down and there hasn't been anything related to it posted to the facebook page.

Anyone heard anything?
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

I agree. I have not seen anything about this here or on Fbook.
    2018 Supra SL400

I messaged them through their website a couple weeks back and didn’t get a response, so I emailed them...no response to that either. You’re correct though the website is down now. If it’s over for good maybe someone else in the southeast should consider putting something together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its DOA for 2019 and the future
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Too bad. If we had one close, I would attend. I like to read about the reviews for events like the Polar Bear too.

Funny how those events are designed to be neutral, but on sites like Wakeworld, the get twisted in those brand-loyal customer threads.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Too bad. If we had one close, I would attend. I like to read about the reviews for events like the Polar Bear too.

Funny how those events are designed to be neutral, but on sites like Wakeworld, the get twisted in those brand-loyal customer threads.
    Events might be “neutral” but attendees are far from it.

dakota, that would be one takeaway from the polar bear I attended. granted it was a while ago but seemed to be 3 groups:
    those shopping for brands
    those meeting up with old friends to ride for a weekend
    those that are there to ride other brands of boats to confirm their brand was the superior choice

it was a fun event and I am grateful to Robert for hosting it and went in with no preconceived notions but lots had brand goggles on and couldn't see past flaws in their brand or admit another brand outsurfed theirs.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    dakota, that would be one takeaway from the polar bear I attended. granted it was a while ago but seemed to be 3 groups:
    those shopping for brands
    those meeting up with old friends to ride for a weekend
    those that are there to ride other brands of boats to confirm their brand was the superior choice

it was a fun event and I am grateful to Robert for hosting it and went in with no preconceived notions but lots had brand goggles on and couldn't see past flaws in their brand or admit another brand outsurfed theirs.
    Excellent synopsis! That is why the survey results are often as useless as the paper they’re written on. I would like to attend sometime. I have spoken with Robert a lot and I would love to hang with him.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Events might be “neutral” but attendees are far from it.

That is why I read Wakeworld posts, I sill find comedy.

They usually start off fine, but then queue the ‘homer-comments’ . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 1

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    That is why I read Wakeworld posts, I sill find comedy.

They usually start off fine, but then queue the ‘homer-comments’ . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 1

Oh I spent some time recently debunking a bunch of Centurion homer jibberish. Just nonsense. Started off by saying the SL wasn’t up to his standards so he went with the Fi. I was like whaaaaaaaa? I am sure you saw it.