Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gas Guage Incorrect

Last weekend I got in my boat and it showed 1/4 tank so when I filled it up it only took 38 litres (around 9 gallons) when it should have taken about 70 litres (about 18 gallons). This isn't the first time it has happened and I've only filled the tank three times. Does anyone else have the same problem or should the dealer replace the fuel sender?
    Spend the money before the kids get a hold of it!

Default Gas Guage Incorrect

I have the same problem. My dealer told me the gas guage isn't accurate. I watch my hour meter to keep an idea of how much gas I use.

Default Gas Gauge

I have a brand new Outback, and my gauge fluctuates wildly. Showing 1/4 at idle, jumping to Full while moving, and back to 1/2 when slowing down. Did you have yours replaced?

Default Gas Gauge Incorrect

My gas guage fluctuates as well. I have a new Outback LS. I also have one speedo that quit working and the ballast system that quit working immediately after delivery. I like my Moomba but the gauge reliability is notoriously poor, just look at the web message board for similiar problems.
    Sloppy

2001 Moomba Outback LS w/tower, ballast and 320hp Indmar TBI. 4 blade prop, front and rear ballast

Default Gas Gauge

We have experienced similar problems with the fuel guage on our 2002 Outback LS. Talked to our dealer and he said it can be remedied with a different weight. Happy Skiing.
    Fins to the left.

2002 Outback LS

Thanks for the information. When you say "a different weight", what exactly do you mean and what does that involve costwise as well as what needs to be done to the boat?
    Sloppy

2001 Moomba Outback LS w/tower, ballast and 320hp Indmar TBI. 4 blade prop, front and rear ballast

Default Gas gauge fix

Our dealer said it is a simple inexspensive fix (might be covered under warranty) different weight in the gas tank itself.
    Fins to the left.

2002 Outback LS

My 2000 Outback LS has all the same problems, gauge basically useless, must fill tank sloooowly or spillage occurs, only runs for 2 hours before need to add fuel. I usually am able to add 13 or 14 gallons. I don't know what the tank is supposed to hold? Speedos are unreliable.

Default Gauges

We have the same problem with the gas gauge and all other gauges...We have a 2000 Kanga and have learned to use the hour meter because the gas gauge is useless. We have had a fuel sending unit put in, but no better. The other gauges act up regularly. The Kaiser Medalion gauges are the worst...

Default response to gas guage problem

Looks like a popular problem. I have a 2000 Outback. We took ours in to be corrected to Cope and McPheter's but as usual they were of no help and forgot to fix the problem. So we have gotten used to just filling up!!! Good Luck and hope you have a better place to take your boat than we do
    Phil 4:13