Default 99 Moomba Outback Value

Hey, im looking at a 99 moomba Outback right now that has 850 hours on it and i wanted to inquire about its value. The owner seems very maticulous and treats this thing like his baby, its all done up, not a scratch on it, perfect maintenance records, new upholstery, new swim deck that matches the upholstery, gps cruise control, ballast, wake surfing gear, new speaker system and deck and a bunch of other stuff. Im a bit weary about the hours but i know that these things can last a very long time if taken care of properly. Its listed for 18,000 CAD which is equal to about 13,000 USD and he said that hes flexible. What do you think about the value of this boat?

Edit: i was thinking about trying to find a cheap malibu that was kind of beat up and trying to fix it up and do exactly what this guy did but now im thinking that it might end up costing me more in the long run, also the boat has a trailer.
    Last edited by ek1997; 04-24-2019 at 05:19 PM.

I would say its on par with value... maybe not a smoking deal, but there is alot to be said for a boat that is truly turn key, location close to home, etc. Its worth the money or time to do a compression check on the motor at least.

Not much listed on OnlyInboards...Theres a nice 2000 year model for $16,900... so again, dont think you can get hurt on it.

https://denver.craigslist.org/boa/d/...856402749.html

Cool good to know, anything beisdes the usual compression, starting, leaks or cosmetic that i should look for on it? I have a lot of experience with jet skis and one boat but this will be my first wake/ski boat.

Check the exhaust... I just helped a buddy buy one and his manifold was rusted out... could be one off, but his boat was cherry otherwise.

I'd try for 11.5. good price for a good boat.
    check the floor to ensure there's no issues with a soft floor or stringer rot. otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to pick her up.
    you are correct in that buying a boat for 6 or 7k to restore would end up costing you more in the long run.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

When you find one that was maintained properly don't try to nickel and dime the guy. If he spent the money don't be a fool and compare it to one where someone cut corners the whole life of the boat. You may want to sell in a year or 3 and you will still be able to establish everything about it so just be stand up yourself. If you want a cheap boat then take the risk and buy risk.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!