Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Polar Bear 2018 Video

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    By the way I never once have heard him say that Tige is sh!t.....has he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Also: I have it on good faith that they did indeed desire for a Tige to be present at this year’s event but corporate Tige did not want to do it. There’s possibly a rift there, and a concern that it may not be entirely objective? That’s speculation on my part.

I personally don’t think that Robert rolls that way.

Have no clue why Malibu is not there.

True. Just an observation on the missing and the boats that were there .
    Fi vs the Ri, sl vs the Se , x23 vs the xstar or x24
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    True. Just an observation on the missing and the boats that were there .
    Fi vs the Ri, sl vs the Se , x23 vs the xstar or x24
    I would say there’s really not much in it for the boat manufacturers. Or the dealers that donate the boats. Therefore probably not high on the list of ways to spend time?

Just guessing again. Now that all manufacturers have incredible boats there isn’t really much to learn. Other than having a good time and surfing.

Yeah well, that’s easy to say. And impractical if you’re making business decisions. They could add more water to the factory system and fill all your compartments? But half of the people don’t want that. So which part of the buyer population do you alienate?

I personally don’t mind adding weight to the boat because surf is my top priority. If storage was, I wouldn’t add a thing.

Furthermore there are capacity regulations that they need to dance around as well.

There are a couple manufactures that seem to throw top 3 waves with factory ballast and less the 1000lbs of lead. No need for 3k more water.

I just rode the new '19 SE with factory only - If you need to add more then 1000 lbs to that then you should spend more time practicing.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

I would say there’s really not much in it for the boat manufacturers. Or the dealers that donate the boats. Therefore probably not high on the list of ways to spend time?

Just guessing again. Now that all manufacturers have incredible boats there isn’t really much to learn. Other than having a good time and surfing.

My conclusion all along , not a premier surf event. Just a really good time surfing and partying with your buddys and their boats boards and who ever else wants to pay to play. Sounds like a blast
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by muehlcj View Post
    There are a couple manufactures that seem to throw top 3 waves with factory ballast and less the 1000lbs of lead. No need for 3k more water.

I just rode the new '19 SE with factory only - If you need to add more then 1000 lbs to that then you should spend more time practicing.
    It depends on what factory ballast is! That’s the point.

What are your top 3 on factory ballast?

I also have quite a bit of time in the new SE. I’m sure factory ballast is fine, but it really has nothing to do with your skill level. Bigger waves- longer waves- more powerful waves- are always more fun. Always.

In fact—you should ride the new SE with 650s in the rear lockers and 1000 pounds of lead in the nose. Oh boy. Now that’s some fun!

Good times!

I'm almost certain they planned to have an axis at the event, but maybe something happened where it didn't line up? Or more likely I'm just miss remembering things...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

Quote Originally Posted by schwan View Post
    I'm almost certain they planned to have an axis at the event, but maybe something happened where it didn't line up? Or more likely I'm just miss remembering things...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    They had a couple late back outs—oh so I heard. That’s what generated the Tige info I was referencing I think...

Tige was indeed almost in the event. It was just too last minute to arrange logistics to get a boat of mine down there.

In regard to the SE....

I have one. Boat is awesome with 1k lbs of lead but its really really awesome with 650s in the rear and that 1k of lead midship/bow. Some might say why? I say why not? You direct me to the guy that prefers less length, less height and a softer wave, I want to shake his hand.

Its definitely a trade off when talking about why certain MFG use more weight then others. The short answer (given I carry competing brands) is simple. It really is about the trade offs and what a said MFG thinks its customer base values more.

While you make think that one boat has it all, I can assure you it does not. I heard malibu mentioned as a boat that might fit that bill. Ill play devils advocate here.... Ill use the LSV as a comp. Nice nice boat, has storage although it needs rear pnp to really surf good... but it only all works if you use the wedge. Want to know what that wedge is simulating? You guessed it, weight. Sure it frees up some storage room but guess what? the tradeoff here is a fuel burn from that drag that is in the neighborhood of 14-17 GPH. I'll use lead instead.

Back to the SE. To be honest we use the extra weight because we like to run faster. The extra weight does not transform it into a different animal at face value but what it does do is NOT change the shape and height when you start to introduce big speed into the equation which in itself induces lift. We weight it heavy to negate that which allows us to run the boats in the 12-12.3 range for big time pros and even beginners. The wave when significantly heavier retains its shape but also is transformed into this concrete hard Loooooooong playground. The bonus is also that the deeper it is ran the more it is sending the delayed water out and away. You can run a heavier boat much more straight up then one that is lighter. Stock AW is around 4-5 degrees of lean. When we are heavy it needs maybe 1.5-2 degrees side to side max. Hit fill all and go. 6500 lbs, 12mph plus turning 3100 RPM sipping a measly 7gph with a blower.

Ill take that everyday and twice on sunday.
    Regards,

Jason Robertson
    Surf Ride Marine/ Germaine Marine
    Germainemarine.com
    Surfridemarine.com