Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    They want to keep them off the bottom of the lake ...
    Oh I get it. Centurion has cornered the market to floating better. Damn! That’s a huge competitive advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    They want to keep them off the bottom of the lake ...
    Frankly I don’t know how centurion is able to offer that much factory ballast. They obviously play the capacity rules differently with what they choose to equip their boats with.

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Too bad the event did not have a method where the riders could post their comments on some of these boards. Like you did.

How many different boards did you get to ride - 6 to 8? If I recall, each rider gets 2 morning and 2 afternoon sets for 2 days? And 8 different boats to try.

This thing escalated quickly! We got to ride behind 8 boats in the weekend...and I probably tried ~10 boards...as part way through the session I would swap if I wasn't digging the board. Here are some that I rode:

1) Zombie Next Level(A few different sizes) - So fast and fun...would buy one of these for sure
    2) Soulcraft Da Honu - Was a 49" and super short...spun my first 360 on it and rode away!
    3) Soulcraft Secret Weapon - Loved this board...ordered a shorter version that I am pumped to get on in May
    4) A Zombie Hybrid...not sure the model - It was fun...but have decided the Hybrids are not really my thing...don't seem to do anything well with a bit of both worlds
    5) Soulcraft AV Inspire - Was a great board too
    6) BlueSurf - Not sure the model, and it was super choppy when riding it.
    7) LibTechAir'N - I liked this board...would consider buying one just due to the invincibility of it not getting dinged up!
    Hyperlite Varial - I couldn't seem to make this one work for me personally.
    9) Soulcraft custom build of the fella on our boat. - I was super little and fast...loved it.
    10) Victoria Captain - Just tried a Skim...personally like the surf style more!
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

I don’t believe it’s really escalated. We are discussing how it can possibly be that 2 different 25’ boats that have a 1200# weight difference whilst surfing could possible have a noticeable wave difference.

A. It must be that the lighter of the 2 has a crappy hull and surf system that needs to be revisited.

B. Or, maybe is it because the heavier one, well, is a lot heavier? Like 1200# worth.

Folks have asserted A. I think it’s primarily B.

2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

Quote Originally Posted by shockthis View Post
    Isn’t this similar to centurions ram fill?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    That being said—I wanna surf a foil this year. That could be a place for a smaller wave!

I tried surfing my foil a couple times. And I realized I had "too much ballast"!!! And also having the 30" mast wasn't great and I need to try surfing the foil with the 20" mast instead. We just don't spend a lot of time on the foil. It's usually an afterthought if we have "extra" time after ski, wakeboard, surf.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I tried surfing my foil a couple times. And I realized I had "too much ballast"!!! And also having the 30" mast wasn't great and I need to try surfing the foil with the 20" mast instead. We just don't spend a lot of time on the foil. It's usually an afterthought if we have "extra" time after ski, wakeboard, surf.
    We have a limited amount of calm water, so maybe the foil can provide some fun after the lake gets chopped up a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    We have a limited amount of calm water, so maybe the foil can provide some fun after the lake gets chopped up a little bit.

It is good for that. but even the foil is affected to some degree by chop (though not in the normal way). When you're foiling, you don't want the blades to breach the surface of the water, so if there's 1 foot high chop, and you're only riding on the 2' mast, there's not a lot of room for error. That's why if I'm riding at wakeboard length it's been more fun on the 30" mast.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com