Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 109
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Keuka Lake, NY
    Posts
    7,692

    Default

    also, not trying to be a Debbie downer , but if a mfg. cant throw a killer wave with factory ballast and 1000 lb of lead , then the hull and surf system should be redesigned. I have not seen so much lead entered into a surf equation as this Polar bear event
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless


    Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    866

    Default Polar Bear 2018 Video

    Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    also, not trying to be a Debbie downer , but if a mfg. cant throw a killer wave with factory ballast and 1000 lb of lead , then the hull and surf system should be redesigned. I have not seen so much lead entered into a surf equation as this Polar bear event
    Yeah, well it’s a trade off between size and interior space available. So....there’s really no other way to slice it.

    That heavy ass Fi has poor storage. A real downer for an owner that wants storage and a “decent” surf wave. That owner would love a Makai for opposite reasons.

    You can alter a Makai to take on a lot more water like the Fi if you want to....all the storage goes away though.

    Hence people opt for lead.

    It’s really not a complex decision tree. You want space or weight? Can’t have both.

    If you want the boss wave, it becomes weight. Polar bear is supposed to be a boss wave event.

    The hull and surf system are fine. They’re not nearly as vital as you think. It’s -Mostly- about weight.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Yeah, well it’s a trade off between size and interior space available. So....there’s really no other way to slice it.

    That heavy ass Fi has poor storage. A real downer for an owner that wants storage and a “decent” surf wave. That owner would love a Makai for opposite reasons.

    You can alter a Makai to take on a lot more water like the Fi if you want to....all the storage goes away though.

    Hence people opt for lead.

    It’s really not a complex decision tree. You want space or weight? Can’t have both.

    If you want the boss wave, it becomes weight. Polar bear is supposed to be a boss wave event.

    The hull and surf system are fine. They’re not nearly as vital as you think. It’s -Mostly- about weight.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm with JMV - if you add 1000lbs to a any manufactures factory system it should be throwing a wave that's as good or better then any of us can surf. If not they should revisit the factory system, hull, surf system - something.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Keuka Lake, NY
    Posts
    7,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Yeah, well it’s a trade off between size and interior space available. So....there’s really no other way to slice it.

    It’s really not a complex decision tree. You want space or weight? Can’t have both.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One MFG that was noticeably missing does both , BOSS waves and plenty of storage...
    just saying .....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless


    Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muehlcj View Post
    I'm with JMV - if you add 1000lbs to a any manufactures factory system it should be throwing a wave that's as good or better then any of us can surf. If not they should revisit the factory system, hull, surf system - something.
    Yeah well, that’s easy to say. And impractical if you’re making business decisions. They could add more water to the factory system and fill all your compartments? But half of the people don’t want that. So which part of the buyer population do you alienate?

    I personally don’t mind adding weight to the boat because surf is my top priority. If storage was, I wouldn’t add a thing.

    Furthermore there are capacity regulations that they need to dance around as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    One MFG that was noticeably missing does both , BOSS waves and plenty of storage...
    just saying .....
    Do tell? Tige?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    One MFG that was noticeably missing does both , BOSS waves and plenty of storage...
    just saying .....
    Malibu?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Keuka Lake, NY
    Posts
    7,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Malibu?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dakota winner winner chicken dinner.... tige too. but Robert wouldn't let "his best surf boat" over the last 5 of 7 years near his event since he signed with SC 2 yrs ago , now tige is Sh$t
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless


    Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    866

    Default Polar Bear 2018 Video

    Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Dakota winner winner chicken dinner.... tige too. but Robert wouldn't let "his best surf boat" over the last 5 of 7 years near his event since he signed with SC 2 yrs ago , now tige is Sh$t
    Oh boy. Which Malibu has boss waves and huge storage? And the secrets to circumventing the laws of physics....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Dakota winner winner chicken dinner.... tige too. but Robert wouldn't let "his best surf boat" over the last 5 of 7 years near his event since he signed with SC 2 yrs ago , now tige is Sh$t
    By the way I never once have heard him say that Tige is sh!t.....has he?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •