Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I didnt say he was talkin sh$t about tige , but the years he repped them. Best surf boat out there , not included to the best wake surf boat event for 19 , easy to read between the lines . Its all in whos paying for the Kool aid
    We agree here- Him and Tige didnt have the most gracious of splits. I wouldnt expect him to go out of his way to hype them anymore. But I will say, he wanted one at the event bad. We just couldnt swing it in time. So is it really on him?
    Regards,

Jason Robertson
    Surf Ride Marine/ Germaine Marine
    Germainemarine.com
    Surfridemarine.com

Default Polar Bear 2018 Video

I had no idea he was Supra sponsored. Just enjoyed his videos

Pretty cool gig.

BTW, the popcorn is amazing and this thread delivers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

Pretty cool gig.

We aim to please
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Pretty cool gig.

You bet—although I would submit there’s not much heavy hitting here. It’s all stuff that comes up continually over and over. People are mistaken to think there is a magical silver bullet to making a big ass surf wave. Hull designs, surf systems.....they’re cool, but unfortunately they’re not THAT meaningful. 80% of the factors are non-manipulable laws of physics. The rest is frosting, convenience, style points. Hulls need to sink. The bigger the hull the more WEIGHT it needs to sink. A pound is a pound. Buoyancy is buoyancy. No way around this.

We can have a heavy hull, we can have a light hull, we can have lots of ballast or a medium amount, we can use a wedge....yadda yadda yadda but they all need to converge at roughly the same end point to perform comparatively.

The point about a surf boat shootout actually having all the heavy hitters is valid if it carries the “best surfboats of 2019” title. I get that. And agree!

FWIW. If our dealer didnt drop SC over issues i would be in an SL or SE , both my previous boats ran flawlessly.

That being said. I did not bring up malibu , some else did I just mentioned other top tier surf boats were missing from the event.

I think if your going to sell a 150 k boat and demo it with lead , its a tough sale at the boat show . “ you want a great wave , get 1k in lead toss in the bow and your good to go plus sign a check for 150k”

Ive been to lots of surf demos and festvals and the amount of lead on those boats just seam like overkill. The resale has about as much to do with the wave as GPH , thats why i brought it up . Has no business in the convesation and can be debated until we are blue in the face .

The wedge is an extra tool if needed. Dont always run it it helps shape the wave .
    They are all great boats in there own right . Just disappointed with the line up and shocked with the amount of lead being used.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I concur........Yum Yum
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    FWIW. If our dealer didnt drop SC over issues i would be in an SL or SE , both my previous boats ran flawlessly.

That being said. I did not bring up malibu , some else did I just mentioned other top tier surf boats were missing from the event.

I think if your going to sell a 150 k boat and demo it with lead , its a tough sale at the boat show . “ you want a great wave , get 1k in lead toss in the bow and your good to go plus sign a check for 150k”

Ive been to lots of surf demos and festvals and the amount of lead on those boats just seam like overkill. The resale has about as much to do with the wave as GPH , thats why i brought it up . Has no business in the convesation and can be debated until we are blue in the face .

The wedge is an extra tool if needed. Dont always run it it helps shape the wave .
    They are all great boats in there own right . Just disappointed with the line up and shocked with the amount of lead being used.
    I call BS on the wedge “if needed” usage. The 2017 23LSV we run weekly is useless without the wedge deployed, for one, and is a hot mess for storage. And, it needs a 750 triangle bow sack on the seats in order to kick off a great wave. Personally? I would use lead.

Heres an option then, have the dealer outfit the boat (before you take delivery) with a comparative amount of water weight and there you have your desired setup. Would be cheap, easy, clean.

Maybe they should offer more formal additional PnP options. To your point, I think. But the truth is: lead is so so so much better than water for reaching max performance weight. IMHO. Using all water sucks.

Did I dream it? You indeed did bring up Malibu passively. I guessed and you confirmed the mystery brand that “has it all” if I recall? Ballin waves and plenty of storage.....or something like that.

Maybe that was the other fella who hates lead.

Lead is great if you ask me. And everyone I surf with.

JmV.... the thing with lead is that it mimics people. If you want to take that Makai or SE or pick whatever big boat you want and fill it to max occupancy, then your wave will be monster every time. The problem is, most want these huge boats and only have a crew of 3-6, so you have to do something to reach full potential. And that's really what all the talk is about, a boat reaching max potential. Now if you had 14 adults in a boat, and it still needed 1000 more pounds, then that would be an issue, imo. Plus, most people can't ride that great anyway, including myself, sorry.. truth hurts.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Yes, it was you. Or you were hacked?

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    JmV.... the thing with lead is that it mimics people. If you want to take that Makai or SE or pick whatever big boat you want and fill it to max occupancy, then your wave will be monster every time. The problem is, most want these huge boats and only have a crew of 3-6, so you have to do something to reach full potential. And that's really what all the talk is about, a boat reaching max potential. Now if you had 14 adults in a boat, and it still needed 1000 more pounds, then that would be an issue, imo. Plus, most people can't ride that great anyway, including myself, sorry.. truth hurts.
    I am tracking Knox! Makes sense. Lead is very handy. Easy to move. Instant results. On the fly.

I personally hold the opinion that the crappier you are as a surfer—the more a big powerful wave benefits you. Roll into a milder shape, but keep the power. Makes surfing as a newbie easier.

There is literally no scenario in my surfing life where a less-powerful-than-max wave makes sense. Maybe on a little kid....but no adult.