Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default Polar Bear 2018 Video

Anyone checkout the new Polar Bear video from Oct 2018?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...67B2FD1A12D9D8

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I have indeed watched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched it as well.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

"Total displacement" makes me think. It's more complex than simply weight when it comes to producing a surf wave, as hull size and surface area make it harder or easier to sink a hull deeply at a given weight.....and its very much about how deeply the hull sinks into the water.

I.e. a big flat hull is going to achieve a more shallow depth than a short deepV hull at the same or similar overall weight. And surf wave is going to be the roughly inverse amplitude of the hull moving water aside as it plows through the water. Every action produces an equal and opposite reaction......KINDA.

Not that Robert draws any conclusions from presenting these displacement numbers, I just hesitate to relate them to actual results/waves with much meaning.

If that makes sense. Not really a critique of anything, just a deep thought on surf waves, weights and wave sizes.....well not that deep, but whatever.

Example: I know the Fi25 was really good. But it also was 1200# heavier than anything else, and has a deepV hull shape that lends itself to deep sinking. They even had a hydrolock issue related to this at one point. They sink like mothers!

So it stands to reason that boat will do well.

Meanwhile an equal sized boat with a much flatter hull (Makai) is running a lot less weight and is harder to sink. Thus producing a less impressive wave.
    The outcomes are going to reflect this discrepancy.

Flatter hulls will need more weight at a given size than a deepV to make the same amplitude wave.

So why is not everyone deepV if its more "bang for the pound?" (sounds dirty but isn't?) Well, I suppose its because there are tradeoffs in stability, the way the interior space ends up, wakeboard performance, etc....so each manufacturer chooses the shape according to their desired outcomes.

More deep and potentially completely useless thoughts.

Now to make chicken in the InstantPot.

I watched it as well. Glad to see they were able to recover the footage. I feel bad for his community losing everything in the fire.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Good surf video. Pretty worthless analysis overall

Missing a few if not many of the best boats out there too

Sems like a friend surf party. Which is cool. But reallly not helpful.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I was out there this year, and my 2 cents on my personal favourite waves were...everyone on the boat had differing opinions though:

1) Supra SL - This wave was not the biggest in amplitude...but it had such consistent push from front to back...the Wake9 family has it dialed as well!
    2) Centurion FI-25 - This wave was HUGE...it was Hunter Clement's boat and he was driving...so it had a LOT of weight....so much room as well.
    3) MB B52 - This wave was dialed and steep...seemed to lack the customizability of some of the other waves...but it was pretty awesome and the stock setup comes with a LOT of weight.

4) G23 - Had never ridden behind a G...but I really liked it...was a great wave with very consistent push
    5) X23 - This boat is really nicely finished inside with the CoolTech Vinyl. The Mastercraft surf system appears to have a lot of customization to the wave.
    6) Makai - The length on the wave was pretty long...I felt like it was lacking push though at the end of the wave...I think given it was so new they were still getting some of the kinks out of the wave. One of the drivers(Brandon) didn't seem to have any problems catching some pretty awesome air off the wake though I think with a little bit more tinkering...the wave could be pretty awesome from what I seen...the boat is massive!

7) Heyday - This boat with the stock ballast and about 600 lbs of lead in the bow was pretty awesome. It lacked any form of surf system outside of the suckgate...but it surprised everyone with how good the wave was. I would say with some plug and play bags to add an additional 1000ish pounds of weight this thing could be really good.

From what I heard, they had a Max out in 2017 and it was one of the top waves running stock ballasts with 1000 lbs of lead midship under the tower.
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jcredible View Post
    I was out there this year, and my 2 cents on my personal favourite waves were...everyone on the boat had differing opinions though:

1) Supra SL - This wave was not the biggest in amplitude...but it had such consistent push from front to back...the Wake9 family has it dialed as well!
    2) Centurion FI-25 - This wave was HUGE...it was Hunter Clement's boat and he was driving...so it had a LOT of weight....so much room as well.
    3) MB B52 - This wave was dialed and steep...seemed to lack the customizability of some of the other waves...but it was pretty awesome and the stock setup comes with a LOT of weight.

4) G23 - Had never ridden behind a G...but I really liked it...was a great wave with very consistent push
    5) X23 - This boat is really nicely finished inside with the CoolTech Vinyl. The Mastercraft surf system appears to have a lot of customization to the wave.
    6) Makai - The length on the wave was pretty long...I felt like it was lacking push though at the end of the wave...I think given it was so new they were still getting some of the kinks out of the wave. One of the drivers(Brandon) didn't seem to have any problems catching some pretty awesome air off the wake though I think with a little bit more tinkering...the wave could be pretty awesome from what I seen...the boat is massive!

7) Heyday - This boat with the stock ballast and about 600 lbs of lead in the bow was pretty awesome. It lacked any form of surf system outside of the suckgate...but it surprised everyone with how good the wave was. I would say with some plug and play bags to add an additional 1000ish pounds of weight this thing could be really good.

From what I heard, they had a Max out in 2017 and it was one of the top waves running stock ballasts with 1000 lbs of lead midship under the tower.
    Good summary. The Makai was stock +1000 of lead, which is not nearly enough. The Centurion had 1200# lbs more than that. So all that makes sense.

The SL has one arm tied behind its back. Only 700 in lead and a new driver just running basic Autowake profile.

You find any new love affairs with surf boards?

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Good summary. The Makai was stock +1000 of lead, which is not nearly enough. The Centurion had 1200# lbs more than that. So all that makes sense.

The SL has one arm tied behind its back. Only 700 in lead and a new driver just running basic Autowake profile.

You find any new love affairs with surf boards?

Right ,where are the board reviews?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold