Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    the last 5 of 7 years near his event since he signed with SC 2 yrs ago , now tige is Sh$t
    Not sure about that. I watched one of his recent videos and when he mentioned Tige. Nothing was negative about it. He comment was “go try one out”

Now that he is with SC, not sure anyone would be expecting him push buyers to Tige anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Not sure about that. I watched one of his recent videos and when he mentioned Tige. Nothing was negative about it. He comment was “go try one out”

Now that he is with SC, not sure anyone would be expecting him push buyers to Tige anyone.

Agree. Haven’t heard any negative out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I would say there’s really not much in it for the boat manufacturers. Or the dealers that donate the boats. Therefore probably not high on the list of ways to spend time?
    I was just telling someone this same thing. They will sell boats if they go or don’t go.

But I sure wish some of the other big-boys were there.

And it would be a good time, this why the event sells out so fast.

2018 Supra SL400

I would love to ride your SE. all sacked and leaded out
    But the title of the video is the best surf boats for 19 and i think they missed the mark by not including some of the best including the SE and putting in a MC that is discountinued

Eveyone has there preferences. But i would rather push a button for 1500 lbs than move it around the boat regardless of the GPH comparisons
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I would love to ride your SE. all sacked and leaded out
    But the title of the video is the best surf boats for 19 and i think they missed the mark by not including some of the best including the SE and putting in a MC that is discountinued

Eveyone has there preferences. But i would rather push a button for 1500 lbs than move it around the boat regardless of the GPH comparisons
    We dont move anything around the 1k stays in all the time, in the same spot.

You may not care about the GPH but I cant for the life of me see how a boat that burns an avg of double the fuel a trip is tolerable or accepted. Go to powell and boat for a week. My crew surfs for 6-8 hours a day.... that's around 48 gallons vs around 90 gallons. Thats 120 plus a day difference in fuel. Do this for 7 days and you can see where I am going.

Locally we surf 3 days a week, 4 hour at a time. You say regardless of fuel burn you would rather push a button. I say take a harder look at the numbers.
    Regards,

Jason Robertson
    Surf Ride Marine/ Germaine Marine
    Germainemarine.com
    Surfridemarine.com

Now its a gph issue ? maybe we should talk resale value if your worried about your bottom line

Your comments are misplaced
    The main coments were about the PB18 missing the mark on the best surf boats out there . They missed

As a dealer i assume your running demos So running gas laps is important

Gas station is 1 mile from my lake house on the water .
    so i would love to ride as much as you all do but family time and water time on our other boat is just as important to me on the lake .

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Now wait—you started this line of discussion with the Debbie Downer post. From there it has been an exploration of why manufacturers choose different areas of emphasis. I think mention of GPH is ok in the storage vs ballast vs other advantages discussion. Especially when you assert that Malibu “has it all.”

Maybe I missed your sentiment?

It bears examination that you offer Malibu as the holy grail. The truth: No bow storage. No locker storage. A wedge that sucks gas. And a wave, although EXCELLENT, is not “superior” to a similarly set up competitors 25’ boat.

Point is: in the end, nobody has secrets. Nobody. I am not saying this is you, but being a brand homer is way out of style these days.

Your point about the event not being a collection of premier surf boats is very valid. The lineup is not quite on par with that title. SE would be good, a properly weighted SL would be good, a properly weighted Makai also belongs there. The Fi is as good as any Ri and thus belongs. The x24 would be nice, but x23 is no slouch. A zx5 would have been great—they tried but it didn’t work. An A24, 24 MXZ, or 25 LSV would have been fun too.

All should be permitted and not scorned for adding weight to make the playing field level.

I wonder what was up with no BU of any size?

The new X24 or XStar would also be cool.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post

I didnt say he was talkin sh$t about tige , but the years he repped them. Best surf boat out there , not included to the best wake surf boat event for 19 , easy to read between the lines . Its all in whos paying for the Kool aid

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Wink

Now its a gph issue ? maybe we should talk resale value if your worried about your bottom line

Your comments are misplaced
    The main coments were about the PB18 missing the mark on the best surf boats out there . They missed

As a dealer i assume your running demos So running gas laps is important

Gas station is 1 mile from my lake house on the water .
    so i would love to ride as much as you all do but family time and water time on our other boat is just as important to me on the lake .
    My comments arent misplaced at all. My point was that its all a give and take and that no boat has it all. Its big picture. Resale? You have me there, dont know how that correlates or where you even are going with that but I digress.

You seem to really like Malibu and thats awesome, its why I used them as an example. FYI its a killer machine IMO.

You seemed to think that my 1k in lead + PNP is a lot so I explained to you the reasoning why . You said you would rather push a button then move weight around which I clarified in saying that we actually dont move weight, ever, at any time, since it originally went in the boat. Just was trying to get the details straight is all.

In your opinion you would rather push a bottom and drag a weighting device that simulates 1500lbs of weight at the expense of double the fuel... Instead of what? Adding some lead at the beginning? Running some PNP Bags?. To supra/moomba and most other MFG for that matter, the fuel burn is more important then needing to add 1k lbs of lead in the boat.

If you want to talk about on water time lets do it. I think on water time is exactly what supra and other MFG have as a top priority. How much time are malibu/ axis owners wasting having to get fuel once a day in their big boats and every half day in the smaller stuff? I guess its all about perspective. Even with living on a lake, I know how much time it takes to drop ballast, motor to the dock, get fuel and then go back out, re setup and start again.

"Also, not trying to be a Debbie downer , but if a mfg. cant throw a killer wave with factory ballast and 1000 lb of lead , then the hull and surf system should be redesigned. I have not seen so much lead entered into a surf equation as this Polar bear event"

My counter to that before and ill repeat is and I quote "Id rather run some lead then burn 15-17GPH with all things considered".

You say "If a mfg cant throw a killer wave with factory ballast and 1k lbs of lead then the hull design and surf system should be redesigned"

I say, if a mfg cant get a good wave without dropping a gas guzzling foil that simulates 1500lbs of downforce at the expense of 15 Gph then maybe it too should explore a hull design or ballast change.

All perspective right?

Thats really what I was after. Ill chalk it up to me doing a shitty explaining my thoughts.
    Regards,

Jason Robertson
    Surf Ride Marine/ Germaine Marine
    Germainemarine.com
    Surfridemarine.com