Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Rams did look nice. I usually do not pay that much attention to them.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Yea... I think I’m Gonna drive my 17 Cummins into the ground. I’m not really happy with anything on the market. Interested to see what ram does with the full redesign of the HD trucks. Can’t get much uglier.
    As usual I like the GMC version of the new trucks better, but GM’s engine choices are crap. All this gas engine sliding camshaft displacement on demand stuff is gonna be nothing but warranty claims for a few years. Never buy the first year!
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Default New Chevy Front End

I could not agree more on 1st year anything, don’t buy it.

But GM engines are hard to beat, VVT is fine, 1st gen DOD was an issue.

The new 6.6l gas is not DOD, but has VVT and DI.

401hp and 464tq

Also, isn’t the reason to buy a diesel is they go 500k miles? Drive it until the wheels turn square.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    The Rams did look nice. I usually do not pay that much attention to them.

I love the interior of the new Ram trucks. I'm just not sure I would love the rest of the truck after a while. Time will tell how the new ones hold up. I will roll along in my paid for 2010 F150 5.4L w/ 189k miles for as long as it will run and pull the boat lol. I'm not huge in the styling in some of the newer trucks but if I had to pick one for style points and sweet interior I would have to give it to Ram.
    Last edited by haknslash; 03-08-2019 at 11:04 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

On top of the best interior by a looooooong shot, the ram has the nice air suspension option, great for leveling out the load. Buddy who used to work for ram said there is a good chance the 6.4 becomes an option if not the V8 standard due to similar MPG in the coming years....also etorque is absolute crap. Give me a little more power and I would be in a ram all day. Even being a v8 guy, hats off to the 3.5 ecoboost, thing tows wonderfully (not caring for gas mileage...I don't tow far enough often enough for me to care over 1-2mpg)
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I got a 2018 F150 after only owning GM for 31 years.

Looking to get another 2019 F150

What was the final deal breaker to get a 2018?

2018 Supra SL400

I got a 2018 F150 after only owning GM for 31 years.

Looking to get another 2019 F150

Damn from that guy that was worried about the 6.2 raptor motor when he first joined the forum. To now buying ford trucks thats a surprise.

Not gonna lie though the f250 are nice and do drive like a dream but my ram is about to be paid off I like no truck payment

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post
    Damn from that guy that was worried about the 6.2 raptor motor when he first joined the forum. To now buying ford trucks thats a surprise.

Not gonna lie though the f250 are nice and do drive like a dream but my ram is about to be paid off I like no truck payment

Absolutely shocking, but an old dog can learn new tricks or trucks........lol

Brand loyalty can blind you, but the reality is they are all good.

But I still love my GM LS V8’s

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Default New Chevy Front End

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    What was the final deal breaker to get a 2018?

I was shopping a crew cab 1/2 ton, I was able to get a higher optioned F150 for $200 less lee month versus a GM. I get both GM and Ford employee discounts.

GM just does not deal on crew cabs and a double cab just doesn’t cut it.

After driving the F150, it’s mostly superior to the GM, engine, Trans, suspension and interior all better.

The F150 has some quirks too, lack of auto 4wd, class 3 factory hitch, temperamental front hubs that partially engage randomly.

But all in all the F150>GM1/2 ton

One last thing scared me away from GM, the 2014-2018 K2XX have the dreaded and incurable “Chevy Shake”. It’s a 20% failure rate. My 2015 didn’t have it, but I was not interested in rolling the dice.

Ford isn’t clean either, the super duty “death wobble” would worry me too.

Sometimes it’s a blessing to work in the industry. You hear all the engineering dirt.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 03-09-2019 at 11:37 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I was shopping a crew cab 1/2 ton, I was able to get a higher optioned F150 for $200 less lee month versus a GM. I get both GM and Ford employee discounts.

GM just does not deal on crew cabs and a double cab just doesn’t cut it.

After driving the F150, it’s mostly superior to the GM, engine, Trans, suspension and interior all better.

The F150 has some quirks too, lack of auto 4wd, class 3 factory hitch, temperamental front hubs that partially engage randomly.

But all in all the F150>GM1/2 ton

One last thing scared me away from GM, the 2014-2018 K2XX have the dreaded and incurable “Chevy Shake”. It’s a 20% failure rate. My 2015 didn’t have it, but I was not interested in rolling the dice.

Ford isn’t clean either, the super duty “death wobble” would worry me too.

Sometimes it’s a blessing to work in the industry. You hear all the engineering dirt.

What is the "Chevy shake"? I have a 2015 3500, and haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary with it.

I'd have gotten an F350 when I bought this truck, but a similar trim level would have been over $5k more.

Speaking of which, holy shit!

https://www.thisisinsider.com/chevy-...-photos-2019-3

$69k for a 1500? That's asinine. I paid $55k for my loaded LTZ 3500 Duramax. And you can do an awful lot with the $12k difference between these 2 trucks. Like a down payment on a new Makai!
    2019 Supra SL450