Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    The Rams did look nice. I usually do not pay that much attention to them.

    Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Yea... I think I’m Gonna drive my 17 Cummins into the ground. I’m not really happy with anything on the market. Interested to see what ram does with the full redesign of the HD trucks. Can’t get much uglier.
    As usual I like the GMC version of the new trucks better, but GM’s engine choices are crap. All this gas engine sliding camshaft displacement on demand stuff is gonna be nothing but warranty claims for a few years. Never buy the first year!
    Overkill is underrated

    2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

    2017 Supra SA 400

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,300

    Default New Chevy Front End

    I could not agree more on 1st year anything, don’t buy it.

    But GM engines are hard to beat, VVT is fine, 1st gen DOD was an issue.

    The new 6.6l gas is not DOD, but has VVT and DI.

    401hp and 464tq

    Also, isn’t the reason to buy a diesel is they go 500k miles? Drive it until the wheels turn square.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Central Bama
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    The Rams did look nice. I usually do not pay that much attention to them.

    Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    I love the interior of the new Ram trucks. I'm just not sure I would love the rest of the truck after a while. Time will tell how the new ones hold up. I will roll along in my paid for 2010 F150 5.4L w/ 189k miles for as long as it will run and pull the boat lol. I'm not huge in the styling in some of the newer trucks but if I had to pick one for style points and sweet interior I would have to give it to Ram.
    Last edited by haknslash; 03-08-2019 at 11:04 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    101

    Default

    On top of the best interior by a looooooong shot, the ram has the nice air suspension option, great for leveling out the load. Buddy who used to work for ram said there is a good chance the 6.4 becomes an option if not the V8 standard due to similar MPG in the coming years....also etorque is absolute crap. Give me a little more power and I would be in a ram all day. Even being a v8 guy, hats off to the 3.5 ecoboost, thing tows wonderfully (not caring for gas mileage...I don't tow far enough often enough for me to care over 1-2mpg)
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I got a 2018 F150 after only owning GM for 31 years.

    Looking to get another 2019 F150



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What was the final deal breaker to get a 2018?

    Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I got a 2018 F150 after only owning GM for 31 years.

    Looking to get another 2019 F150



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Damn from that guy that was worried about the 6.2 raptor motor when he first joined the forum. To now buying ford trucks thats a surprise.

    Not gonna lie though the f250 are nice and do drive like a dream but my ram is about to be paid off I like no truck payment


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post
    Damn from that guy that was worried about the 6.2 raptor motor when he first joined the forum. To now buying ford trucks thats a surprise.

    Not gonna lie though the f250 are nice and do drive like a dream but my ram is about to be paid off I like no truck payment


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely shocking, but an old dog can learn new tricks or trucks........lol

    Brand loyalty can blind you, but the reality is they are all good.

    But I still love my GM LS V8’s


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,300

    Default New Chevy Front End

    Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    What was the final deal breaker to get a 2018?

    Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    I was shopping a crew cab 1/2 ton, I was able to get a higher optioned F150 for $200 less lee month versus a GM. I get both GM and Ford employee discounts.

    GM just does not deal on crew cabs and a double cab just doesn’t cut it.

    After driving the F150, it’s mostly superior to the GM, engine, Trans, suspension and interior all better.

    The F150 has some quirks too, lack of auto 4wd, class 3 factory hitch, temperamental front hubs that partially engage randomly.

    But all in all the F150>GM1/2 ton

    One last thing scared me away from GM, the 2014-2018 K2XX have the dreaded and incurable “Chevy Shake”. It’s a 20% failure rate. My 2015 didn’t have it, but I was not interested in rolling the dice.

    Ford isn’t clean either, the super duty “death wobble” would worry me too.

    Sometimes it’s a blessing to work in the industry. You hear all the engineering dirt.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 03-09-2019 at 11:37 AM.
    2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I was shopping a crew cab 1/2 ton, I was able to get a higher optioned F150 for $200 less lee month versus a GM. I get both GM and Ford employee discounts.

    GM just does not deal on crew cabs and a double cab just doesn’t cut it.

    After driving the F150, it’s mostly superior to the GM, engine, Trans, suspension and interior all better.

    The F150 has some quirks too, lack of auto 4wd, class 3 factory hitch, temperamental front hubs that partially engage randomly.

    But all in all the F150>GM1/2 ton

    One last thing scared me away from GM, the 2014-2018 K2XX have the dreaded and incurable “Chevy Shake”. It’s a 20% failure rate. My 2015 didn’t have it, but I was not interested in rolling the dice.

    Ford isn’t clean either, the super duty “death wobble” would worry me too.

    Sometimes it’s a blessing to work in the industry. You hear all the engineering dirt.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What is the "Chevy shake"? I have a 2015 3500, and haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary with it.

    I'd have gotten an F350 when I bought this truck, but a similar trim level would have been over $5k more.

    Speaking of which, holy shit!

    https://www.thisisinsider.com/chevy-...-photos-2019-3

    $69k for a 1500? That's asinine. I paid $55k for my loaded LTZ 3500 Duramax. And you can do an awful lot with the $12k difference between these 2 trucks. Like a down payment on a new Makai!
    2019 Supra SL450

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •