Default Amps and speakers for 2019

2019 Moombas use all Wet Sounds components, correct? I'm wondering which amp model is used for the in-boat speakers, and which amp is used for the tower speakers? Also, is the sub a 12"?
    2019 Moomba Mojo

I have a 19 Max on the way and I've asked similar questions, although I went a different route. Here's what a guy told me on the facebook page... "My 2019 Max came with the HTX-6. Two channels to REV8 tower speakers, two channels to sub, two channels split to four cabin/bow speakers." Another guy got the syn-dx-4 just for the tower speakers. I do know the sub is 10" and free air, no box. Hope this helps. I only ordered mine with an amp to run tower speakers, which I'll change to run the cabins and then I bought two more amps, towers, and sub.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

2019 Moomba Max here. Stock, the in-boat speakers do not have an amp or sub. You can add a sub and amp for the in boat. You can also add tower speakers + amp. Mine has no amp for in boats, and REV 8's + amp + 10" sub

I just ordered a 2019 Mojo. I added the options "add two bow speakers and sub with amp," "add two 10" wetsounds tower speakers with amp." Just trying to figure out which wetsounds amps are used.
    2019 Moomba Mojo

If anyone is following this and is interested, I'm traveling for work this week and was able to stop in at a dealer and take a look. The Amps are the WS HTX Series. As a poster said above, it looks like they use a 6 channel for the in-boat speaker and a separate 2 channel for the Tower.

https://www.wetsounds.com/HTX-6

https://www.wetsounds.com/HTX-2

Pretty damn nice stock amps.
    2019 Moomba Mojo

Default Amps and speakers for 2019

Great info! I’m looking forward to tweaking mine when they come in as bass and stuff wasn’t super impressive at the boat show. But I’ve heard amp tuning helps that.

Also, here is the sub that’s used in the “sub and amp” package. It’s designed to be free air but WS says you can enclose it at 1.3cuft.

https://www.wetsounds.com/REVO-10-FA-S4-B-V2

ETA: after looking at the amps in those links, doesn’t look like they have any dials for tuning so maybe I’m misinformed! Might add the WS-420BT or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Matt0520; 03-13-2019 at 08:14 PM.
    --
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    If anyone is following this and is interested, I'm traveling for work this week and was able to stop in at a dealer and take a look. The Amps are the WS HTX Series. As a poster said above, it looks like they use a 6 channel for the in-boat speaker and a separate 2 channel for the Tower.

https://www.wetsounds.com/HTX-6

https://www.wetsounds.com/HTX-2

Pretty damn nice stock amps.
    I too wonder what amps are driving which speakers. I'd guess they have the sub running off the 6 channel with the inboats. That would mean the towers could take quite a bit more power.

How many in boat speakers do you have?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

In a 4 speaker in boat setup ... I wonder if a couple wire swaps would create big gains. At a quick glance I'm seeing ....

Factory - inboat/sub on 6 channel?? Towers on 2 channel
    Inboat: 100w per speaker
    Towers: 150w per speaker
    Sub: 300w

Possible Change - inboat/towers on 6 channel; sub on 2 channel
    Inboat: 75w per speaker
    Towers: 300w per speaker
    Sub: 600w

Am I looking at that right? Would also want to verify the 6 channel can run like that.

Thinking outloud ...
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Also, here is the sub that’s used in the “sub and amp” package. It’s designed to be free air but WS says you can enclose it at 1.3cuft.
    Although the woofer can be run in a small sealed or ported enclosure, it most ideal in an IB application IF and thats a big IF, Moomba has changed the helm design from past years.

after looking at the amps in those links, doesn’t look like they have any dials for tuning so maybe I’m misinformed! Might add the WS-420BT or something.
    Wet Sounds conceals all their amp setting controls for better longevity. There is a removeable cover to access them. With that said, Wet Sounds does offer some DSP versions for a few OEM's. If Moomba is now using a DSP HTX version, then there will be no user-end settings to adjust, under that cover.

Makes sense, thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz