Default Replacing Speaker and RCA Cables

Can anyone on here offer any insights into what I知 getting myself in to with a plan to replace all of my factory speaker cables and RCA cables from the helm to the passenger locker?

This plan is part of a bigger upgrade of my batteries, amps and head unit. I figure while I知 spending time in that locker I might as well improve my signal cables. Is this more trouble than its worth? How difficult is it to pull new, larger gauge wires throughout the boat (16 Craz)?

My current head unit (MS-RA205) is driving two amps using just the Zone 1 RCA outputs. That means I have no separate zones for tower and cabin which frustrates me when out in the water. The sub is driven by a separate amp using the sub RCA output.

I plan on replacing the head unit with an MS-RA70N which will have 3 pairs of RCA outputs (z1, z2 & sub). I see lots of people saying they route their cables around the bow, but has anyone successfully fished new cables through the bilge instead? Ian that where the factory RCA cable(s) are routed?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Craz

Tape the new cable to the old and pull it through using the old cable. Make sure there are no protrusions like connectors to block the pull. All bets off using this method if the cables are tied up.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Well that痴 why I知 hoping someone has tackled these particular types of wire pulls already. If the old wires are zip tied up what else is involved? Upholstery removal? Contortionist / double joints needed?

2016 Moomba Craz

On a 2016, I would not bother with the in-boat speaker wire, unless you plan to upgrade the amp rms into the 150W range.

Unless you feel there is an issue, I would just leave the existing RCA, and add to it, what you need. Again, this is a 2016 boat. There should not be an issue, unless its suffered damage during installation, assembly of the boat, or during post build service on the boat.

Slim chance you be pulling any cables out, in order to pull in new cabling. Most boats these days are built with pre-assembled harness, laid into the deck cap while its upside down, prior to being flipped over and set into hull.

Just an FYI about the 205. You can install a hi-low speaker level converter, and make use of both zones to two amps.

Quote Originally Posted by moparsigfan View Post
    Well that痴 why I知 hoping someone has tackled these particular types of wire pulls already. If the old wires are zip tied up what else is involved? Upholstery removal? Contortionist / double joints needed?

I've pulled new RCAs around the bow of my 14 Mondo from my Exile ZLD to the amps. It sucks, and it isn't a matter of taping to the old and pulling through. You don't have to remove any upholstery, but you need a yardstick or something long and rigid to tape the end to and push it through different spots so you can reach it on the other side. You can zip tie it to the existing harness that's running around the bow.
    2019 Supra SL450