Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

man I know what you guys are talking about. I'm getting sick of shoveling sunshine here... backbreaking work fo sho....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Not on the boat, but Nassau never disappoints! Got stuck there for a night.

Sure wish Conroe would warm up
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Not on the boat, but Nassau never disappoints! Got stuck there for a night.

Sure wish Conroe would warm up
    Watching black sails makes me want to visit Nassau. I heard they have a really good pirate museum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Honestly I don’t know, but I wouldn’t doubt it. Linz and I loved black sails! Great show...
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Good fins. They will work fine. However, experimenting with fins is also very fun!
    What’s the difference between the Foil and Flares? The Foil looked smaller in size - about a Med in Flares.

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    What’s the difference between the Foil and Flares? The Foil looked smaller in size - about a Med in Flares.

I’m sure Nick will chime in and answer the question. The Flares have a little “how ya’ doin” at the tip of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post

So first, "Foil", foil basically refers to a shape or object when talking fluid mechanic/dynamics. Essentially a foil creates lift at a certain angle of attack whereby the force generated perpendicular is greater than the drag. Much like a airplane wing, you have one side in which water flows past faster than the other. All fins are foils and have foils, the shape of your surfboard, the contours of the rails and deck are also referred to as foils; hydrofoils, water wings, etc., are also just call foils. Our "Vectored" foil and 'Flare' fins, both have similar over all foils, they have a fairly typical convex shape on the outside and a mix of concave, flat and convex contours on the inside (commonly referred to a a Vector foil, as opposed to a flat foil or symmetrical foil, or 80/20 foil). The contours change the way water molecule move around the fin, playing with lift and drag, changes in pressure. Our "vectored foil fin" was one of the first wakesurf specific fins we brought out and we always called it the vector to indicated it has a vectored foil versus a symmetrical (like center fins and traditional twin fins, both side with similar convex shapes) or flat (flat inside and convex outside), 80/20 or 60/40 (similar to symmetrical only the inside foil is not as convex as the outside, not truly symmetrical).

The way to think about our standard vectored foil fin is as an improvement of to say a general surf template like the blackstix f4. It is similar in size and template, with a slight wider base for drive, less sweep for faster turns and tighter pocket turns and a more progressive cant (lean towards the rail). The flare fin takes all things great about our vectored foil fin, and combines it with a slight more aggressive template with a little more overall fin area, and a double cant (the tip is tilted further out, improving lift and release). In simple terms you get a supercharged speed generating fin, that allows for similar release of a smaller fin. More fin=more speed. Less fin=looseness. Looseness is often confused with speed/drive. People think loose boards are fast, because they feel loose and easily moveable, but in practical terms you are not actually moving faster.

Probably clear as mud.......

Nick

Flying through March making my way into summer.

2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Got some scrubbing done today thanks to one of these rare sunshine days

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Got some scrubbing done today thanks to one of these rare sunshine days

Man that is such a great looking boat!!! Do you have a pair of 8s and a pair of 10s on the tower or is it just the depth of them on the tower?

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead