Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default 2015 Supra Surf Tabs

And for that matter, flow 3.0 is simply a 2.0 system with the corner cut off of the plate and another actuator added. Converting 2.0 to a homemade 3.0 would be super easy. With very light fabrication. And purchasing a couple actuators and switches.

My winter time stressed brain has thought hard about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    And for that matter, flow 3.0 is simply a 2.0 system with the corner cut off of the plate and another actuator added. Converting 2.0 to a homemade 3.0 would be super easy. With very light fabrication. And purchasing a couple actuators and switches.

My winter time stressed brain has thought hard about this.

I've been kicking around trying that.
    2019 Supra SL450

DO IT!! I spoke a little bit with a guy that has 3.0 on April. He didn’t give me a whole lot of feedback leaving me to believe that it is far superior. But even if it’s a little bit superior, it would be so easy, and would be worth it.

Not quite as easy for me, considering how the actuators mount to the tabs. It would actually be easier to make a set that mimics Swell.
    2019 Supra SL450

On Flow 3.0 does the actuator push the hinged corner down into the water stream or lift it up the clean the wave up?

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    On Flow 3.0 does the actuator push the hinged corner down into the water stream or lift it up the clean the wave up?

Down....

I am guessing that since it is done with the actuator that it changes the % of deployment depending on a certain variable or set of variables.... but could the same be achieved to some level with the 2.0 tabs by removing them and taking to a shop with a press break or other forming tools and having the corner presses down to a certain angle?

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I would say....you could cut the corner, hinge it, use a SS turnbuckle with a couple heim ends and have a semi adjustable version.

How you left them set would depend on how far down they could be left and not interfere with flow of water when in the up position. I think I have a pic someplace...

I actually had caught wind at some point that there could be a reverse compatible kit like this available sometime in the future. I think surf tab design is a legal subject right now, so some things have to wait for some dust to settle.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I would say....you could cut the corner, hinge it, use a SS turnbuckle with a couple heim ends and have a semi adjustable version.
    This is what I'm kicking around doing. The turnbuckle would take up much less space than an actuator, so it would be feasible on my setup. Easier on the Flow 2.0 system, because the actuator mounts so close to the hinge. It would be very easy to make a new set of tabs for flow 2.0, I'd go with a hinged/turnbuckle setup before a simple bend with a big flap.

How you left them set would depend on how far down they could be left and not interfere with flow of water when in the up position. I think I have a pic someplace...
    With Flow 2.0, the tabs aren't up very far, so you couldn't leave a lot of down angle on the flap. That said, the Flow 3.0 flap doesn't extend down very far at max extension.

2019 Supra SL450

Bigger and better??

Has anyone seen this model installed on a SC boat?

https://www.infinitywave.net/collect...ski-and-cruise

2018 Supra SL400