Default Happy Labor Day Weekend Everyone!

Stay safe out there for the last unofficial weekend of the summer!

We will be on the boat 1 full day at least followed by a day in the pool with the smoker full of enough food to feed an army.

-Almost got hit 3 times yesterday with one being a near head on collision! All pontoon owners. Head on collision dude made me so mad I stood up to salute him with my finger only to have my Moomba hat fly off. Wife thought it would be a good idea to jump in after it in one of the most busy and dangerous areas on the lake!

-Ripped my toe open from wet sounds speaker grill yesterday when pulling up the anchor.

-Forgot my watch in the glove box of the boat which is 1.5 hours away at the storage facility.

-Put two small dents in my brand new Neo surf board yesterday.

-Water conditions were horrible for surfing yesterday. Complete waste of time which really sucks because I finally figured out my wave issues that have been stumping me for the past couple of outings.

-To top it off and continue the trend of shitty luck.... I'm spending my day with no A/C in the house and it's hotter than a mofo in here!! Looks like we are going to spend thousands on replacing our 20 year old unit now

-On a positive note I'm going to cook some killer ribs tomorrow (assuming they can bandaid my A/C today)
    Last edited by haknslash; 09-06-2020 at 04:15 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

hak,
    could always be worse...

took the turn on friday morning going up to mead to try out paddleboarding. at the turn after going thru the gate, 5 cops and 2 ambulance. there was a new dodge ram truck that had rolled at least twice down the hill and stuff was ejected everywhere. couple standing up top talking to cops and 1 on a stretcher in a neckbrace but based on the lack of urgency, guessing nothing life threatening... looks like they missed the turn.

good luck on the ac units. our house had both systems replaced in '17 to the tune of $25600 to the lennox guy... glad it was prior owners bill
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Happy Labor Day Weekend Everyone!

I saw some craziness online about Lake Travis .....something about a massive boat parade that sank a few boats.

Looked like the ocean.

https://youtu.be/2XYOe8eGiBA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 09-06-2020 at 05:28 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

that boat parade looks like a TOTAL $HITSHOW... we only saw pics not the vids.
    we were asked by a guy at the gas station sat am as we filled up the boat if we were going to the one on mead. I had a hard time not laughing at him....

democrat or republican doesn't matter. that many drunks in boats in summer is a recipe for disaster...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Be safe is right! I avoid the lakes like the plaque on the holidays, not even tempting to be out there on the water with so many crazy people.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    Be safe is right! I avoid the lakes like the plaque on the holidays, not even tempting to be out there on the water with so many crazy people.
    We also normally skip holiday weekends but we tried to hit the lake up real early leaving the house before 8am and they were already out there. After the chaos filled day wife said she will never again do a holiday weekend. Yea it was last one for me too. Our lake has seen probably 3x if not more boat traffic from all the boat sales this year and it's a big lake with lots of ground to cover and plenty of sloughs. Finding clean water to surf or do any watersports is becoming near impossie. Guess I might buy a wet suit this and see about extending my surf time into November.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold