Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I agree; no there would not be a -huge- difference. The differences would be minor, and would be further back in the wave. The channeling action of GSA Tab will manifest itself further back with more strength. 90% of the wave would be identical. And on that note, 90% of surfers aren’t going to notice and/or ride that far back regularly.

For a very discerning 10% of riders, the difference is noticeable.

I think perhaps the biggest benefit to the newer tab system is the fact that the center plate was made to be a lot bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct me if I am wrong, but part of the magic of Swell 3 on the Supra is they have basically extended the running surface with the tab and mount, thus creating a longer path for the divergence of water. Take a look at Swell 1 and 2 vs 3. That, and the angled are to clean the face up that mimics Moomba Flow 3.0. But as others have said, add weight, either to the surf side and or bow to sink that big hull more.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Default 2015 Supra Surf Tabs

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Supra is they have basically extended the running surface with the tab and mount, thus creating a longer path for the divergence of water. Take a look at Swell 1 and 2 vs 3. .
    Agree with this. SC is not making them longer b/c they are not working.

Those center plates look a lot bigger.

Last edited by MJHSupra; 03-02-2019 at 03:37 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Correct me if I am wrong, but part of the magic of Swell 3 on the Supra is they have basically extended the running surface with the tab and mount, thus creating a longer path for the divergence of water. Take a look at Swell 1 and 2 vs 3. That, and the angled are to clean the face up that mimics Moomba Flow 3.0. But as others have said, add weight, either to the surf side and or bow to sink that big hull more.
    Tab on 2 vs 3 is identical. The angle is the big differentiator. The extended part doesn’t deflect; the part that deflects is identical.

That angle creates the yaw that cleans the wave more easily. Size, strength etc; is very similar, but the need to list to clean up goes away.

Unfortunately Flow 3.0 is not quite as efficient as Swell 3.0. I would imagine it’s because the yaw-creating-part is not as large and this not as powerful.

Swell 3.0 is the cats ass!

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Tab on 2 vs 3 is identical. The angle is the big differentiator. The extended part doesn’t deflect; the part that deflects is identical.

Doing a quick Google image search, the plates and mounts on 2.0 are very different than 3.0. Take a look at a few photos side by side. They have moved the hinge away from the boat in 3.0 and the tab is shaped different. For reference, I was looking at 2017 and 2018.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Doing a quick Google image search, the plates and mounts on 2.0 are very different than 3.0. Take a look at a few photos side by side. They have moved the hinge away from the boat in 3.0 and the tab is shaped different. For reference, I was looking at 2017 and 2018.
    The tab is the same. I have overlaid the 2, live, in person. One small corner is cut down on 3.0 to clear the hull when deployed. The mount plate is the differing part. As you state, the hinge is out and away. In order to give it an angled deployment.

I was 2 seconds from making my 2.0 into 3.0 on my 16. Had real plates at the fabricator shop seeing how hard it would be.

Default 2015 Supra Surf Tabs

Ultimately decided to keep it original instead of making a fake.
    Mainly because the upright actuator mount part is quite a bit different.

Right on. I guess there is something to that mount angle as you stated to make it easier to have even weight and a cleaner face. I figured you had look at changing them over on your SE, lol.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155

It’s the yaw that the angle creates. It’s the magical ingredient. If you altered Flow 2.0 to mimic swell 3.0 and have an angled mount like that it would do the same thing.

By the way it would be a lot easier on a Moomba. Mainly because the actuator mount part is a simple little hull bracket.