Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    The biggest obstacle of Autowake is for the really experienced guy who weights his boat the old fashioned way manually getting the pitch and roll and doesn’t think a computer can match or better their skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only scenario that I do not use it in is when I have a small crew and I don’t want to lose a single pound. So, harnessing the maximum possible weight, and having movable weight available such as bags of lead, then I skip autowake because I don’t want any empty. And I simply do it’s job for it, except by moving bags. If that makes any sense.

A very handy situation to use it with is when you have a large crew and amplitude is not an issue. In other words, you can afford to lose a few pounds here or there. The other thing that happens with large crews is that people move around. Auto awake is brilliant at minimizing the effect of this.

To address what broke a pilot said earlier, amplitude is handy in that you can choose how drastic you want autowake to be. If you choose the lowest amplitude setting, you can cruise across the lake at cruise speed and maintain a level boat. Autowake will help you with that. Or another possible scenario might be wake boarding with other than full ballast. Then you would use 50% amplitude and It would keep a nice level boat for you without sinking it too much.

I have a question as it pertains to Autowake. I have a 17 Helix (with upgraded '18 software that provides amplitude) that we use primarily to surf with. My question is about the surf settings (pitch and roll) and are they based strictly off of stock ballast numbers or would they still be the same once you upgrade and add ballast. In other words, I'm running around 5000 pounds total with normal crew, ballast, and lead weight so if I use AW am I still looking to achieve the standard set points or are they obsolete since I'm nowhere near stock numbers? I appreciate any insight. I don't use AW per se but I do toggle in and out of it to check my pitch and roll without leaving it on long enough to engage.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

It stays the same. That running attitude is ideal no matter the weight. But, I would mess with it plus or minus a couple degrees and see if you have a preference other than the factory settings. Those are based on opinion and preference to a small degree, so if you like something different go for it. But for 99% of people all the settings that come from the factory are pretty well fleshed out and will give you an awesome wave. And it will just get better with additional weight. However make sure it is zeroed properly.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    However make sure it is zeroed properly.

Thanks for that info dakota4ce. How do you make sure it is zeroed properly?
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    LeadWake bags

There is a procedure. I believe it’s empty ballast in the water with the human standing in the walkway between the windshield halves? Someone verify if that’s true.

Default AutoWake Always Emptying

I think I recall reading that thread. Goose was talking about checking it when running at wakeboard speeds with two dudes, but the recalibration is done sitting still via the menu options.

Probably also depends on the year - 17 vs 18 vs 19.

Try searching for calibration or inclinometer or Autowake questions

If you find the long threads, you are on he right track.

Last edited by MJHSupra; 02-27-2019 at 10:42 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I think I recall reading that thread. Goose was talking about checking it when running at wakeboard speeds with two dudes, but the recalibration is done sitting still via the menu options.

Probably also depends on the year - 17 vs 18 vs 19.

Try searching for calibration or inclinometer or Autowake questions

If you find the long threads, you are on he right track.

Sounds good, will do. I appreciate that.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    LeadWake bags

Quote Originally Posted by LAwake View Post
    Sounds good, will do. I appreciate that.
    The name of the thread is “AutoWake Questions” and it is under the Sales & Information section. Go to post #15. I will try to post a link here but not sure how it works from the app.....that thread is loaded with great info! I have gone through and pulled all of Matt’s tips out and put them into a word file for reference.

AutoWake questions
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    I don’t have the amplitude stuff, so I can’t help there, I have an idea how it plays into it, but honestly don’t see why it’s needed. If the amp is at a certain level with full bags, you can’t sink it deeper without more weight. That’s the way it’s always been, set up the best wave you can and ride it. Adapt to it, I know the potential of the boat if I only have my wife and 2 small kids on it! Lol that’s what Enzo bags are for...
    I like the AMP setting for wakeboarding. I can turn on autowake and set the amp for like 65 and it takes over all the bags and fills them up for me, I dont even have to flip a ballast switch. When surfing I usually fill everything 100% with their switches unless I get water purging over the side, then I turn on autowake and set the amp to 100%.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    The name of the thread is “AutoWake Questions” and it is under the Sales & Information section. Go to post #15. I will try to post a link here but not sure how it works from the app.....that thread is loaded with great info! I have gone through and pulled all of Matt’s tips out and put them into a word file for reference.

AutoWake questions
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t

I did the same thing with Matt's Autowake Tip of the Day posts, put them in a word file and printed them out.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo