Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

I do rack pulls from time to time. Work up to 500 with no pain. I let peer pressure get me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post
    I do rack pulls from time to time. Work up to 500 with no pain. I let peer pressure get me lol

Anything that triggers posterior chain is probably a good alternative too. Bent over rows for example.

--
    2019 Craz

Cory T...showing how it's done

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvOWfYyg...d=v9o9waadlia9

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Cory T...showing how it's done

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvOWfYyg...d=v9o9waadlia9

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    That’s impressive! Failing at that would be ugly at that height, but I have to try it now

--
    2019 Craz

I've had sciatica and back problems on and off for years. It wasn't until 8 years ago that I played basketball on a Friday, dive rescue training on Saturday and worked under the house on Sunday did i realize I needed my back evaluated. The next three days i was bed ridden and an ambulance ride. I had nasty spasms and my MRI showed two herniated discs. I'd recommend getting an MRI to see where the problem lies. My herniated disc makes me from twisting my body and I do core strengthening which all PT places put people on. No situps and crunches are on a machine. Very little problems now. An occasional sciatica issue that gets massaged out. I learned a few things when I was bedridden and that is a back problem is hell where i need to follow the expert's advice and also I needed a new mattress.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    I've had sciatica and back problems on and off for years. It wasn't until 8 years ago that I played basketball on a Friday, dive rescue training on Saturday and worked under the house on Sunday did i realize I needed my back evaluated. The next three days i was bed ridden and an ambulance ride. I had nasty spasms and my MRI showed two herniated discs. I'd recommend getting an MRI to see where the problem lies. My herniated disc makes me from twisting my body and I do core strengthening which all PT places put people on. No situps and crunches are on a machine. Very little problems now. An occasional sciatica issue that gets massaged out. I learned a few things when I was bedridden and that is a back problem is hell where i need to follow the expert's advice and also I needed a new mattress.
    Amen brother, I would put sciatic pain up there with the worst pains out there.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Protect your back guys!

Hey, does anyone on here climb? We joined a great climbing gym close to our house and it's fun af. I've now started tailoring my workouts to (hopefully) improve my climbing. Tell me what you think about this routine I did today at my regular gym:

3 sets of each movement:
    Machine pull downs using fingers instead of full grip, super setting w/pushups.
    Calf Raises (focusing on toes instead of balls of feet) super setting w/30 air squats
    Triceps push downs super setting w/dumbell curls
    Cable pull down crunches super setting w/pull ups using rock grips (didn't even notice we had these in my gym at work until today, lol)

Then repeat for 2nd round for a total of 6 sets of each. I was pretty smoked.

The routine i did on Monday was similar but i had shoulder work included (arnold presses and side laterals)
    2016 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    Protect your back guys!

Hey, does anyone on here climb? We joined a great climbing gym close to our house and it's fun af. I've now started tailoring my workouts to (hopefully) improve my climbing. Tell me what you think about this routine I did today at my regular gym:

3 sets of each movement:
    Machine pull downs using fingers instead of full grip, super setting w/pushups.
    Calf Raises (focusing on toes instead of balls of feet) super setting w/30 air squats
    Triceps push downs super setting w/dumbell curls
    Cable pull down crunches super setting w/pull ups using rock grips (didn't even notice we had these in my gym at work until today, lol)

Then repeat for 2nd round for a total of 6 sets of each. I was pretty smoked.

The routine i did on Monday was similar but i had shoulder work included (arnold presses and side laterals)
    I climb 2-3 times a week over the winter, really keeps me in shape, best workout and fun!..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I would think weighted pull ups would be the best exercise for climbing

"I climb 2-3 times a week over the winter, really keeps me in shape, best workout and fun!."

There are definitely a lot of super fit people in there, that's for sure.

I'm good for 12'ish clean, dead hang pull ups at my body weight (198 as of this morning). I'd definitely like to do more and weighted pull ups will help that. but what kills me currently is the friggin finger tip stuff. That's just not something i'm used to for typical gym work. so that's why i'm trying to focus on pulling motions w/my fingers only and also calves from my toes. I was doing sets of 6-8 pull ups using the rock grips... pretty proud of that Totally different feel that's for sure.
    I think climbing fitness can translate to the water sports pretty directly. grip strength, leg strength, pulling strength, endurance, balance, etc. seems like a great off season (and on season) activity.
    2016 Craz