Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    This is very true. The biggest issue is we eat far too much food. Eating huge portions not only is far too many calories, but it also stretches out your stomach, exacerbating the problem. Eat smaller portions of whatever, you'll feel hungry for a bit, until your stomach adjusts. Then it's much easier. Eat whatever you want, just eat less of it.
    That and avoid sugar, Check labels sugar is added to everything from lunch meat to ketchup.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    My point was that when losing weight, when the needle on the scale doesn’t move, the inexperienced often will drop calories under their basal metabolic rate and they will still not lose weight.

When in fact they need to eat more to lose weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep! I've helped a few friends and they're baffled when they ask me how to lose weight and I tell them "eat more". Everything in the body is in balance, if you starve yourself, the body down-regulates your metabolism while also triggering more fat storage.

I like the broccoli comment earlier, don't put salt or butter on ______ and see how much you eat. You'll be amazed how it's hard to stuff your face when you're not hijacking your pallet with add-ons. Case in point: I destroyed a whole bag of sweet potato chips last night without even realizing it.

I used to sell to food manufacturers and I was amazed at how much sorcery goes into the flavor profiles, ingredients, etc. of our food. And it's all designed to make us eat more and actually shut down the hormones (ghrelin/leptin) that should be released to tell us to stop eating.

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    That and avoid sugar, Check labels sugar is added to everything from lunch meat to ketchup.
    BINGO. This is so huge. Cutting out sugar (as well as dairy) has been night and day for me in a ton of ways. It's hard, because it's everywhere (even in vitamins) but it has caused an epidemic here in the US.

Another sugar-related thing to cut out is sucralose, HFCS, etc. Worse than sugar, bc your body doesn't have any idea what to do with it. 100% gets stored. And it destroys your gut.

I work part-time in EMS and virtually every diabetic I've worked with is on diet/chemical sweeteners. Sadly, they never get better.
    Last edited by Matt0520; 03-01-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    --
    2019 Craz

Anyway, more on topic...I'm newer to wakeboarding - is stretching a lot beneficial?

I've never been that flexible, wondering if focusing more on mobility will help keep my summer season long? Yoga? lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COBW2F69wto
    --
    2019 Craz

IMO stretching is beneficial to everything you do. Especially high impact activities like wakeboarding. Most people forget to stretch AFTER.
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

Default Pre-season Fitness

Big fan of yoga. About 10-11 years ago, I picked up a yoga book written by Diamond Dallas Page. It’s a form of power yoga and controlled breathing. I don’t get into the yoga culture/spiritual, but the poses are legit.

https://www.diamonddallaspage.com/fitness-guru/

I still do it to this day, I found about 5-6 weeks I achieved my maximum flexibility and that 1x per week after the beginners phase was all I needed to maintain.

Yoga, compliments any sport, but the balance alone would translate directly to surfing.

Flexibility and Balance were the two greatest gains. Even when I have gotten out of shape and fat, my flexibility and balance are still above average, it’s due to muscle memory.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I work with a guy from Mumbai and he is not too pleased with the American butchering of yoga lol. But he meditates for like a half hour every day after he showers and refuses to do yoga on the ship because it can only be done on the ground and ships float. Also, you can’t do yoga if you’re not on the ground floor of a building apparently because you’re not connected to the earth or something like that.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I work with a guy from Mumbai and he is not too pleased with the American butchering of yoga lol. But he meditates for like a half hour every day after he showers and refuses to do yoga on the ship because it can only be done on the ground and ships float. Also, you can’t do yoga if you’re not on the ground floor of a building apparently because you’re not connected to the earth or something like that.

Have you ever had Chinese food in China? It sucks!!!!

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
    Yep! I've helped a few friends and they're baffled when they ask me how to lose weight and I tell them "eat more". Everything in the body is in balance, if you starve yourself, the body down-regulates your metabolism while also triggering more fat storage.

I like the broccoli comment earlier, don't put salt or butter on ______ and see how much you eat. You'll be amazed how it's hard to stuff your face when you're not hijacking your pallet with add-ons. Case in point: I destroyed a whole bag of sweet potato chips last night without even realizing it.

I used to sell to food manufacturers and I was amazed at how much sorcery goes into the flavor profiles, ingredients, etc. of our food. And it's all designed to make us eat more and actually shut down the hormones (ghrelin/leptin) that should be released to tell us to stop eating.

BINGO. This is so huge. Cutting out sugar (as well as dairy) has been night and day for me in a ton of ways. It's hard, because it's everywhere (even in vitamins) but it has caused an epidemic here in the US.

Another sugar-related thing to cut out is sucralose, HFCS, etc. Worse than sugar, bc your body doesn't have any idea what to do with it. 100% gets stored. And it destroys your gut.

I work part-time in EMS and virtually every diabetic I've worked with is on diet/chemical sweeteners. Sadly, they never get better.
    I also do time restricted eating, climbing and onewheeling really keeps me in shape all winter. Just snowboarded 4 days in Whistler, my legs held up..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Have you ever had Chinese food in China? It sucks!!!!

Chinese food sucks in general but yeah. I imagine it would be worse in China that it is here. That's pretty standard for nearly all "ethnic" foods. Tex-mex is better than actual Mexican food, pizza in Italy doesn't have sauce (wth), ect ect...
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Chinese food sucks in general but yeah. I imagine it would be worse in China that it is here. That's pretty standard for nearly all "ethnic" foods. Tex-mex is better than actual Mexican food, pizza in Italy doesn't have sauce (wth), ect ect...
    You guys are smoking crack. All ethnic foods are far better in their countries of origin.
    2019 Supra SL450