Default 2007 LSV Hard Start Cold, Steering Cable

Guys, my 2007 LSV starts a little hard when cold, when its warm it starts right up. I keep it on a trickle charger year round, have tested the batteries & they are fine. Any thoughts? Also think I am due for a new steering cable, any thoughts on what that will cost to have it replaced?

ok so hard start when cold, check all the usual things, plugs, cap, rotor, fuel filter, possible fuel pressure regulator, they are common. remember its a 350 chevy truck engine, so think of it as a truck in very wet conditions all the time. and steering cable, its most likely a sticky rudder, i removed mine and greased it and reinstalled, nice and smooth. they use some type of nylon self lubricating sleeve but its not the greatest design. removing the rudder is a huge pain, lots of brass drifts and hammers, but what a difference. hope this helps
    it did on my 08 lsv

Hours since your last maintenance that was described in the post above?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Steering cable is around $60. Fairly simple to replace and about an hour to replace. Good advice above for the hard starting issue. Check all the basics first.

When you say hard to start, are you referring to cranking slow, cranking a long time, or what?

Typical to crank for 3-5 seconds this happens when the boat sits weeks at a time.

Show crank is battery issues. Doesn't matter if batteries test fine, if they are 4-5years old replace
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]