Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I looked up detailers online that did ceramic, and asked for a quote to do my boat, 23' Mojo. That's the quote he gave me. He asked if I used it in salt water, I replied ,no.

Default Lets discuss sealant and/or wax

Quote Originally Posted by strato View Post
    I looked up detailers online that did ceramic, and asked for a quote to do my boat, 23' Mojo. That's the quote he gave me. He asked if I used it in salt water, I replied ,no.
    For $2500 that has to include polishing and not just coating your boat with ceramic.

Polishing is going to be required even for a new boat, there are plenty of flaws and scratches from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Maybe, I have no experience with the process.

I use a dual action polisher on mine every spring and 2 coats of Rejex. The rejex is cheap and lasts all season. My all black LSV sits in the water from April till October. The scum line wipes off with a wet washcloth. Water spots wipe right off as will.

I will put a top coat of carnuba wax over the rejex for extra UV protection. But the carnuba wax only lasts a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Just thought I’d add to this thread. This season I decided to give one of the “ceramic” protectants/sealants a try. I purchased a 32oz of Hydrosilex Marine @ $85. For the last 4-5 seasons I had had great results with $25 per bottle Rejex. The rejex worked for the entire season with the boat being moored from May-Oct. This year I got a late start and didn’t get the boat in until the end of June. So far I’m not impressed. With the rejex the scum line and hard water deposits wiped right off with a damp rag. The hydrosilex takes a hell of lot of elbow grease!

I’ll be going back to Rejex indefinitely!

Don’t waste your money on these “ceramic” gimmicks.

Just thought I’d share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Default Lets discuss sealant and/or wax

IGL marine ceramic is working great. It’s definitely a time saver, especially on lakes with hard water.

I don’t think all ceramics are the same.

Big difference in a professional ceramic nano coating and a wax with some ceramic in it.

Hydrosilex marine is not a true ceramic nano coating, it’s a spray on wipe off sealer at best.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 07-18-2019 at 06:28 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Centurion is offering ceramic coating from the factory.

IGL marine is doing great still. Not spot free, but cleaning this boat is a breeze.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Since this thread I have been certified in R1 Ceramic Coating. I'll start with it's very expensive depending how bad the gel is. My product if taken care of correctly is rated to last 5 years which makes the high price easier to swallow. The DIY coatings are fantastic but will only last a limited ammount of time mainly for the lack of education and produt to maintain it. Wax is fantastic but will have to be applied at least every 30 days if not more, sealants are a great way to go and will last much longer but again it's what products you use to maintain it. If I was to buy a boat and the person mentioned they use Viniger + Water for after lake I would want to see records of wax/sealant used frequently or I will pass. Most people miss it but service records should also include how you take care of the exterior.
    You bet your ass it cost this customer a pretty penny to get this boat back. He bought it like this a couple of years ago, now it's perfect and he can't beleive he thought it was shiny before. Every stop now starts a conversation about his boat and nobody can beleive it's a 2007.

DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Skiers Choice gel does require some polishing to say the least.

I also agree that pro grade ceramics are worth every penny.

The DIY grade is questionable.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

wax every 30 days??? I waxed my LSV once in the 7 years I had it. I have waxed the Mojo twice in 3 seasons lol.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD