Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

$425 is completely insane. There's plenty of reputable marine waxes and sealants that will give you all the shine you need and have been around for years. Meguiars marine being one of them. All this new fancy coating material is just to steal some more money out of peoples pockets that have nothing better to spend it on.

***flame suit on ***
    2016 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by mcjimmy33 View Post
    $425 is completely insane. There's plenty of reputable marine waxes and sealants that will give you all the shine you need and have been around for years. Meguiars marine being one of them. All this new fancy coating material is just to steal some more money out of peoples pockets that have nothing better to spend it on.

***flame suit on ***
    No flames coming, it’s not for everyone.

I was a pinnacle souveran and Wolfgang Fusion wax fan for years on my black car. I switched to ceramic coating on my car this year and was a significant improvement. Black car that is so easy to keep clean with a perfect finish.

Ceramic Coating the boat was next and honestly without a professional walking me through it, I would pass.

But the boat looks better with ceramic than wax, it’s the look PLUS reduced maintenance I am after to truly tell me if it’s worth it.

I can be honest if reduced maintenance is legit. I will be the first to say not worth it. I have no issue admitting I wasted a few hundred dollars.

But based on ceramic coating my trailer last year and a black car this year, my confidence is high for the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Has anyone tried the boat juice stuff?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0783N72LH...e-814cf5dd9e62
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

Default Lets discuss sealant and/or wax

Follow up on ceramic coating.

Went to a lake today known for hard water and severe spotting.

At least 50% reduction of spotting, but wipes off effortlessly with a basic waterless wash. Could not wipe them off before without using vinegar to dissolve hard water spots.

So not a miracle cure, but greatly reduces water spotting.

Next test is longevity versus wax.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Snowslydder View Post
    Has anyone tried the boat juice stuff?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0783N72LH...e-814cf5dd9e62
    I use “hot sauce” same concept as that works great and removes water spots especially from the windshield with out any problems

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

I always used Turtle paste wax on my 2004 Mobius after each time out. Even last year (201 people who didn't know boat styles would ask me how I liked the new boat. I think it's just keeping up with it.

I got a quote from a pro for $2500, 23' mojo. He said it should last six months. That's a season for me, but still ?

Quote Originally Posted by strato View Post
    I got a quote from a pro for $2500, 23' mojo. He said it should last six months. That's a season for me, but still ?
    What is included for $2500 and 6 months doesn’t sound like a ceramic.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I will tell you the sealant i use will last 6 months. 6 months, for $2500 is insane. I would walk away. I think ceramic is a scam at this point. It has more to prove before i would ever spend that kind of money on snake oil.
    2019 Mondo

Guessing the majority of that $2500 is gelcoat correction. The labor in polishing a 23 foot boat it easily 20 hours.

Applying the coating takes 4-6 hours.

I am very happy with ceramic so far, the look is unbeatable, much easier clean up and IF it lasts 2 years will be well worth what I have into it especially if after 2 years I don’t need to repolish it and correct it.

I will say the gelcoat on SC’s is not the greatest out of the factory and needs polishing for sure.

Had I not done all the labor myself, it would easily be $2500+

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan