Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Insurance Policy for Wakeboats?

My auto insurer gave me a decent quote but I’m just curious if there are better options. Who is everyone using?

I just got quotes from......

Boater insurance agency
    SkiSafe
    BoatUS

They are all equally competitive and significantly less expensive than your typical automotive insurance company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

SkiSafe, beat every quote I got from State Farm, Allstate, Progressive, Geico, and Boat US. There are a lot of variables that go into pricing so it's best to shop around. In my area, lower Alabama, SkiSafe beat every place by over $400 with better coverages.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

ski safe. been with them since '09. cheaper than progressive and farmers/amfam and liberty mutual haven't been within $350 of skisafe.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    ski safe. been with them since '09. cheaper than progressive and farmers/amfam and liberty mutual haven't been within $350 of skisafe.
    Really good call on SkiSafe guys...$150 cheaper than anybody else with better coverage. Geico was the next closest and actually within ~$70 when you account for it being a 12-month use policy. Progressive was literally twice as much...

Do you know anything about SkiSafe’s reputation when it comes to paying claims?
    Last edited by gsword; 02-20-2019 at 12:37 AM.

Not sure what my issue was but the only way I could get a reasonable quote with ski safe is if i agreed to not use my boat for like 4 months out of the year. That was a deal killer for me. I am with BoatUS/Geico.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Reach out to Gabriel Berkowitz @ BIA (Boaters Insurance Agency) for a quote. He has taken care of me for years and does an awesome job. They also have a vanishing deductible that goes down 25% per year if you are claim free. They also include $10,000 worth of personal items in the boat coverage.

[email protected]
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Yup Gabe is who I have been working with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

we have a 4 month layup as well from nov to march but 3month was same price. understand that can be a dealbreaker for some but here it's too cold.
    heck, supposed to get snow on the valley floor tonight for our 2 snowplows to fight over

op is in indiana. doubt a 4month layover is a big deal.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    we have a 4 month layup as well from nov to march but 3month was same price. understand that can be a dealbreaker for some but here it's too cold.
    heck, supposed to get snow on the valley floor tonight for our 2 snowplows to fight over

op is in indiana. doubt a 4month layover is a big deal.
    I did a 4 month one in FL from Nov. thru Feb. No biggy. I'm the only one that would go out so I played golf instead. Great golf weather here during those months.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!