Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    it was listed as a 2019. I got a price on it, and it came in $4000 more than my loaded 2019 mondo i just bought. Heard Axis was raising prices 9% this year and that others are lowering specifically MC and the NXT line up to better line up in the budget market.
    Yeah the NXT needs to be the cheapest in the category I think. Meh interior and wave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

I am heavily betting the Axis in the vid has the 750s rear PnP.....does it say it doesn’t? If I recall they used some clever wording to make it unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I am heavily betting the Axis in the vid has the 750s rear PnP.....does it say it doesn’t? If I recall they used some clever wording to make it unclear.

Said something about if came with plug and play from the factory that they used the recommended bags for ballast.. blah blah blah
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Said something about if came with plug and play from the factory that they used the recommended bags for ballast.. blah blah blah
    Yeah there you go—it was really sly but indicated there was weight in there. Good call Knox.

A malibu or Axis is not even worthy of toweling the sweat off of a supra or moomba in regard to fit and finish. The boats are starting to have a pretty wide gap between the 2.

As much of an innovator malibu was to the sport, they have softened. Still make a nice ride but most majors have pushed past them in terms of technology, wave and layout.

I do agree with this, but their pricing doesn't. Its always nice to visit a boat show where you can hop between brands and really see the differences up close and all at the same time.

Malibu to me at least has also dropped in quality. They used to be the brand to have, but not so much anymore when you have SC, MC and even Tige in the mix now. I was luck enough to have Moomba/Supra right next to Malibu/Axis at our boat show. Just made me realize how much happier i am ordering a new moomba this year instead of the Axis. I went right from a mondo to an A20 and the differences where quite noticable immediately.
    2019 Mondo

You know, I agree with these sentiments, but up here in MN there's huge Malibu loyalty... At our boat show you had to throw elbows to get a look at the '19 Malibu/Axis boats, Moomba/Supra was empty. My buddies all ride axis a couple T23s even, I'm looked at like the black sheep in my mojo, that's why I troll these forums... Looking for people who agree with me who are states away!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

Quote Originally Posted by schwan View Post
    You know, I agree with these sentiments, but up here in MN there's huge Malibu loyalty... At our boat show you had to throw elbows to get a look at the '19 Malibu/Axis boats, Moomba/Supra was empty. My buddies all ride axis a couple T23s even, I'm looked at like the black sheep in my mojo, that's why I troll these forums... Looking for people who agree with me who are states away!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It’s a lot of dealer loyalty. MN Inboard does a killer job selling and servicing. They have strong relationships and a good presence. Then by default, the hype around those lines is strong.

The boats are actually the weak part!

Malibu quality seems to have degraded. My neighbor has (had) a 2019 24MXZ and it has been in and out of the shop with all kinds of issues both cosmetically and mechanically. I say “had” because his boat is being shipped back to the plant in TN to fix some major concerns with the new Malibu marinized motor. What a shame considering this is a $140k boat. If it was me I would be demanding a replacement boat. He has 15 hours on the boat at most. At least they are trying to fix the issues.

2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

He was able to get the new Malibu motor? Wasn't aware that was available yet in the states.
    2019 Mondo