Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Doing it backwards -Max Purchase

Things got a bit crazy on us. We were supposed to go test a Max out, then sell our boat. Seems I have sold the boat ( purchase pending) but due to crappy weather we have not tested the MAX yet. I am bit nervous to sell my boat first having not tried a dramatically more expensive boat. Is this a worth upgrade from my LSV? I have not sold or bought anything yet and still waiting for weather and scheduling to cooperate.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

if you've made up your mind to sell the lsv and you have a buyer lined up, then SELL the lsv. having it gone will give you a little more negotiation power since you're not tied to a trade.

there are quite a few boats that would be a nice upgrade from the lsv in size, wave and tech. even if the max doesn't end up checking off all the boxes you will find a boat that fits the bill. I would be surprised if the max doesn't but I would not let the fact that you have not tested the max get in the way. it feels like you have already came to the family decision that a newer/bigger/better/whatever boat is in the cards so move forward most that have upgraded from lsv's on here will tell you to not look back.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    if you've made up your mind to sell the lsv and you have a buyer lined up, then SELL the lsv. having it gone will give you a little more negotiation power since you're not tied to a trade.

there are quite a few boats that would be a nice upgrade from the lsv in size, wave and tech. even if the max doesn't end up checking off all the boxes you will find a boat that fits the bill. I would be surprised if the max doesn't but I would not let the fact that you have not tested the max get in the way. it feels like you have already came to the family decision that a newer/bigger/better/whatever boat is in the cards so move forward most that have upgraded from lsv's on here will tell you to not look back.
    that is some sound advice right there!
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Sell IT!!!!!! It is way more fun to look for a boat when you don't have the old one to deal with. The newer models are night and day from the older ones. I went from an 02 LSV to my 15 Mondo and love the new boat. I thought I would miss the old one, but 5 minutes on the water in the new one fixed that problem!!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by JesseC View Post
    Sell IT!!!!!! It is way more fun to look for a boat when you don't have the old one to deal with. The newer models are night and day from the older ones. I went from an 02 LSV to my 15 Mondo and love the new boat. I thought I would miss the old one, but 5 minutes on the water in the new one fixed that problem!!!
    Agreed. I don't want the mental overhead of having 2 boats. However, it terrifies me to see my little birdie fly away and then have "something" come up where the max would be..."OK" of an upgrade or financing part take a dump.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

You could always have them give you a quote and work on a price then see if you get approved. Only negative would be the ding to your credit report for the inquiries but at least you would know if you could get into one of the new boats before worrying about if you need to sell your boat just yet.

I don’t see how any of the new boats wouldn’t be a big upgrade from your older LSV. Interiors and everything is so much nicer IMO not to mention surf systems and newer tech is better. The Max is huge on storage you’ll feel like you could hide your LSV in the rear locker of a Max lol.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Yep! Sell sell sell.

Then demo Max, Craz, and Mojo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

I promise you there is no better more automatic wake system as autowake.

You can’t beat a system that keeps you dialed in to pitch and roll with the G6 pumps constantly adjusting on the fly no matter how much your crew moves in the boat.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Default Doing it backwards -Max Purchase

I need to study this a little bit, but it appears there are two variants of axles used, 3750# and 4200#

Last edited by larry_arizona; 02-26-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Moomba trailers added.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan