Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Hmm now this thread has me thinking. We typically won't have big crew on our Max. Most times it will be my wife, myself, our 10 year old daughter and a buddy or two (guessing another 600-700 lbs). There will be a few times I'll have more people but it will not be the norm. Will the surf prop still plane out if I'm running 4700 lbs or so of ballast with my smaller crew? Roughly what can I expect the RPMs to be at surf speeds? We don't have any friends that wakeboard so I doubt this will be an issue for us as we mainly surf and I would dump all ballast before heading to go cruise. I ordered G6 ballast mainly for this reason (and AutoWake too) so that I could drain and fill quickly if I want to move around the lake a bit during the day.
    Last edited by haknslash; 02-26-2019 at 07:51 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default Doing it backwards -Max Purchase

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    What Prop?
    Whatever moomba calls the upgraded prop, wakeboard prop I think it is.

I’d like to reprop once someone has some experience with acme’s on a max. I loved the acme 1847 (iirc) I put on my outback V and wished I had done it much sooner.

In fact I might just get with acme and see if they will let me buy whatever they recommend and trade it in for another if its not a good fit for the boat/load.

I was not using “launch mode” but will give that a shot this season. Only time it would be nice is we are surfing and need to make a short run to the ramp to pickup/drop off someone. Last season I just made them wait as we surfed our way back.
    Last edited by z28ke; 02-26-2019 at 08:48 PM.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Anyone know the actual MAX midship compartment sizes for ballast bag upgrades?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Some pics I took before I started the install:

Length

Width

Depth
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Some pics I took before I started the install:

Length

Width

Depth
    Awesome! thanks!

So it looks like these are the easy option to go with for an upgrade.
    46X18X22
    45X20X15-550lbs
    45X20X20-720lbs
    45X20X25-910lbs

I am wondering if the 910 would be to big?
    Last edited by flienlow; 03-02-2019 at 10:17 PM.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    I finally went out on a Max today. It was disappointing. The surf wave was tiny and short. All of the autowake stuff leaves me a bit concerned to. I didn't work like I thought it would or near as good for that matter. I am not sure what to do now.
    I had a demo in a max and they didn't get the settings right on autowake and it was underwhelming THey just set amplitude at 100% and all 3 bags at 100% and the tabs for surf regular. I could barely stay in the pocket and I can surf ANYTHING typically. I talked to a few people and they said that setting amplitude at 100% is the wrong move. Basically with stock weight on a max, if the tabs are deployed too far, it lifts the stern and causes the wave to have less power. So if I was gonna get a max, it would be a no brainer to plumb in the midship ballast and I feel pretty good that it'd be legit that way.

That said, I rode the wakeboard wake at 100% ballast and 100% amplitude and it launched me into a different zipcode. it was insane. I had to ask them to dump ballast and dial it down! the shape of the wakeboard wake was legit. No complaints there (and I've rode g23 wakeboard wakes).

This spring I'll be riding a max with the upgraded midship ballast. I'll be interested to see how it performs.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I had a demo in a max and they didn't get the settings right on autowake and it was underwhelming THey just set amplitude at 100% and all 3 bags at 100% and the tabs for surf regular. I could barely stay in the pocket and I can surf ANYTHING typically. I talked to a few people and they said that setting amplitude at 100% is the wrong move. Basically with stock weight on a max, if the tabs are deployed too far, it lifts the stern and causes the wave to have less power. So if I was gonna get a max, it would be a no brainer to plumb in the midship ballast and I feel pretty good that it'd be legit that way.

That said, I rode the wakeboard wake at 100% ballast and 100% amplitude and it launched me into a different zipcode. it was insane. I had to ask them to dump ballast and dial it down! the shape of the wakeboard wake was legit. No complaints there (and I've rode g23 wakeboard wakes).

This spring I'll be riding a max with the upgraded midship ballast. I'll be interested to see how it performs.
    The tabs are independently adjustable...pulling them up a bit is usually the ticket. Max with big weight is LEGIT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk