Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    I forget who it was, but someone here suggested Essex Credit Union. They were by far the best for our needs.
    Take Essex rates and terms to your dealer and have them match it. Win win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

Last season, I was approved by Essex in Jan/Feb, then they went completely silent when it was time to pull the deal together in April. Nothing changed about my credit and has always been more than adequate. I was told "so and so are away at a boat show", then no returned calls. Then "we're just really busy". Finally I went with someone else. Surprisingly, my credit union was not in the boat loan business. State Farm came in with an OK deal, then my dealer hooked me up with a new broker that was trying to earn his dealership's business and then he got me a deal with Connexus Credit Union out of Wisconsin who matched Essex/Bank of the West.

No one asked, but I can't tell my negative Essex story enough. They nearly cratered my deal! I was dealing with Krystalynn Marquez.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    Last season, I was approved by Essex in Jan/Feb, then they went completely silent when it was time to pull the deal together in April. Nothing changed about my credit and has always been more than adequate. I was told "so and so are away at a boat show", then no returned calls. Then "we're just really busy". Finally I went with someone else. Surprisingly, my credit union was not in the boat loan business. State Farm came in with an OK deal, then my dealer hooked me up with a new broker that was trying to earn his dealership's business and then he got me a deal with Connexus Credit Union out of Wisconsin who matched Essex/Bank of the West.

No one asked, but I can't tell my negative Essex story enough. They nearly cratered my deal! I was dealing with Krystalynn Marquez.
    I will check out the others you have mentioned too. thanks.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

I will check out the others you have mentioned too. thanks.
    Essex, ugh, man, the deal went OK, but then they didn't follow up and get the titles from then sellers bank. I couldn't get plates or boat sticker. Essex kept telling me titles no needed, crap, etc, etc. I had to call weekly and harras them for about 3 months before they finally got around to getting the titles so could get plates and sticker.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I finally went out on a Max today. It was disappointing. The surf wave was tiny and short. All of the autowake stuff leaves me a bit concerned to. I didn't work like I thought it would or near as good for that matter. I am not sure what to do now.
    2019 MAX

I finally went out on a Max today. It was disappointing. The surf wave was tiny and short. All of the autowake stuff leaves me a bit concerned to. I didn't work like I thought it would or near as good for that matter. I am not sure what to do now.
    Don’t freak out, it’s WELL known the max shines with more ballast.

I promise you that autowake is the shit and with the presets and more ballast you will be happy

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

The stock wave isn't going to set records or blow your mind. I don't know of any tow boat that will do that for less than $100k. They all seem to take extra weight or a large crew to really open them up. Look at any of the other Max owner waves on here where they have added midship ballast and a little lead to the bow. The wave once dialed and setup looks legit...

image.jpg

image (2).jpg

image (1).jpg
    Last edited by haknslash; 02-24-2019 at 06:37 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

sorry to hear that Flien. have seen some good pics from other members on what that boat is capable of. could be more about a dealer offering a less than stellar demo and we all know that any boat needs added weight to get a solid wave.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I promise you there is no better more automatic wake system as autowake.

You can’t beat a system that keeps you dialed in to pitch and roll with the G6 pumps constantly adjusting on the fly no matter how much your crew moves in the boat.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Don’t freak out, it’s WELL known the max shines with more ballast.

I promise you that autowake is the shit and with the presets and more ballast you will be happy

So I have heard. It was freezing cold out, and we never intended to get in the water, but just take it out. Had a Crew of 4 including the salesmen. He told me to move my weight from side to side to improve the wave. i thought the auto wake system was supposed to do that, but I guess it does that by filling and emptying ballast which its a longer process. You can tell right away the boat needs more ballast to it. The salesman brought a 400lb bag that we filled and put in front of the transmission. That was like pissin in the ocean and trying to fill it up. to be fair it did help. but the boat needs loads more for sure.
    2019 MAX