Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    The divider between the middle seats and the rear bags in my max isn’t a wall. You can see the bags from looking underneath the side seats. There’s a hump between the seats and the rear bags, but there shouldn’t be any drilling required to add additional hoses/bags, at least in mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Awesome to know this! Should make the upgrade a breeze on 2019’s.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Awesome to know this! Should make the upgrade a breeze on 2019’s.
    the demo I was in yesterday for sure had a wall on both side that will need to be drilled. I think it was a '19 model
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, the stock rear bags in the max are 800's? I currently have 2 spare 910's. For sure they wont fit under that side seats ( that is where you are talking about placing the additional ballast correct? And YES, there is a divider wall between rear ballast area and midship storage so a bulkhead fitting would need to be added as well as plumbing.)

I am wondering if I can use the 910s in the rear and add some other bags in the midship area? OR should I just do it right the first time and add the 1200's in the back and 500's in the side and call it all done from the get go?

On a side note, I forget what the stock prop is on the max, but it seems to be geared well from the start. Is that your feeling?
    I want to say the stock rear bags are 1,000 lbs and the front subfloor is a 1,000 lb bag. Maybe they were 900’s and the bow subfloor was 1200? I’m sure someone will chime in to verify. I’m just going off vague memory from my demo a year ago. My new boat is being built so can’t confirm for you.

The Max I demoed I think had the surf prop as my dealer says that’s how they always spec their boats. It had no issues pulling 3k lbs stock ballast and did not take long to plane for wakeboard speeds, unlike the Axis A22 I demoed which took FOREVER to plane with the wedge and the bow rode sky high. I think the 400 with surf prop will handle the additional weight just fine. Raptor engine felt like it had torque for days by comparison to the PCM in the Axis.

About the Autowake, from what I’ve read you really want to get the G6 ballast if you intend to use Autowake. If you have the standard G3 ballast then it tends to be too slow for any real-time changes that Autowake wants to do. So that might be why your Autowake experience wasn’t that great. Just a thought? I haven’t tried a boat with Autowake but I did order it with my build and can’t wait to try it out.
    Last edited by haknslash; 02-25-2019 at 06:01 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I thought it was a 2019....definitely had the battery door on the portside. Perhaps the late 2018s have the battery door.... or early 2019s have the intact divider.

Greatest chance is that I looked, but NOT well enough at that divider .....and never mind. I just re-read what he posted. Yes, there is not a wall, just a hump divider (call it a half wall? haha). People speculated that in the 2019s cutouts or something would be put in place along the bottom of that divider so one would not have to drill into it in order to facilitate draining of the midship bags.
    Last edited by FamilyMan; 02-25-2019 at 06:08 PM.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

I am wondering if I can use the 910s in the rear and add some other bags in the midship area? OR should I just do it right the first time and add the 1200's in the back and 500's in the side and call it all done from the get go?

On a side note, I forget what the stock prop is on the max, but it seems to be geared well from the start. Is that your feeling?
    I just left the rears the stock 900s/1000 (some say its 900, others a 1000). I am guessing its 900 since it takes more time to fill the center ballast (makes sense at 1200) vs the rear 900s.
    Then I purchased the 45x20x20 720lb wake maker bags. You could probably sell those 910s and buy the 720s for not much extra coin. 1700lbs vs 1620, but in one you are just adding the two bags. Maybe having just the 500s midship will give you some storage back in the midship seats. I feel like the Max needed more weight towards the front anyway so am happy having 720s midship rather than 1200s in the back.

Surf Prop will get the entire 3000lbs with 4 adults on board to plane just fine. With all 5000lbs+ of ballast I am not able to get on plane with the surf prop. My RPMs at 11.4 are 35-3600 with me and the wife. If I have lots of people and full ballast I will see 3800 and literally too big of a wave it seems...good problem to have.
    Last edited by FamilyMan; 02-25-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    I thought it was a 2019....definitely had the battery door on the portside. Perhaps the late 2018s have the battery door.... or early 2019s have the intact divider.

Greatest chance is that I looked, but NOT well enough at that divider .....and never mind. I just re-read what he posted. Yes, there is not a wall, just a hump divider (call it a half wall? haha). People speculated that in the 2019s cutouts or something would be put in place along the bottom of that divider so one would not have to drill into it in order to facilitate draining of the midship bags.
    Ah yeah, if draining is the issue, then drilling would still likely be required. That’s why I’m going with the easiest solution and just using lead to keep all of the storage space available.

'19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    Ah yeah, if draining is the issue, then drilling would still likely be required. That’s why I’m going with the easiest solution and just using lead to keep all of the storage space available.

I wish I could use lead, but im afraid it would be too much for my 6000lb lift.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

I wish I could use lead, but im afraid it would be too much for my 6000lb lift.
    This is my concern with my Mojo trailer. Axles are rated for 3750 each for 7500 lbs of axle capacity. Tongue weight is maybe 600 lbs and as is the whole combination clocked in at 6900 on the CAT scale. This leaves maybe 1,000 lbs of capacity if you take off the tongue weight but more like 600 lbs. I dont like getting that close to the max capacity, afraid of bending spindles and torsion failures.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Doing it backwards -Max Purchase

I need to study this a little bit, but it appears there are two variants of axles used, 3750# and 4200#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 02-26-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Moomba trailers added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan