Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Good Price on a Demo?

Quote Originally Posted by gsword View Post
    I completely agree with you; however, I unfortunately can't find any used Max's available right now (let alone one with similar options) so I'm struggling to make an apples to apples comparision.
    Yes it would be a very limited used market on 2019’s. You could research 2018’s and extrapolate from there.

If it’s a boat you like and want, I certainly wouldn’t consider nickel diming a dealer over $1000-$2000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
    For sure. I didn’t push discount bc I didn’t want to aggravate dealer over a few percent. I want to be the customer they want to take care of since they made some extra margin on me lol. Fighting for good service and warranty stuff would negate why I bought new in the first place.

BUT high mark up pro shop stuff, yeah hope they throw that stuff in

Yup my dealer is throwing in new fenders, lines and guide pole covers (another thing I didn't have to tack on the boat build site). That little boat stuff adds up and I'm glad I can toss my old crusty lines and fenders. They are also going to do 2 years of services as part of their boat show program, so that saves me some coin there too. I went with this brand mainly because it seemed great for the money but also because of the local dealer support which they have exceeded everything for me long before I ever bought the boat. They seem to really want to take care of their customers and to me that's going to go a long ways with the ownership with these kinds of boats, especially should any warranty stuff or issues arise. As mentioned I don't care to try and beat or lean on the dealer too much over a grand here or there if it means they will take care of me and make me feel wanted as a continued customer for years to come. If there is one thing I've learned while researching these boats is that your quality of dealer means almost more than the boat itself.
    Last edited by haknslash; 02-17-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

In the end you have to be happy with the price and whether you are or not you can always get them to sweeten the pot by adding some items that in the end don’t cost them a lot but save you some coin that can add up i.e. protective coatings/warranty (all dealers have them they just have different names), your first or first few services, a new 2018 left in stock board, and other things people have mentioned.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    There really should not be a difference from demo pricing versus used pricing of a similar boat with 41 hours on it.

We normally agree, but to counter. The demo boat should bring more than a used 41 hour boat. You're forgetting the demo boat will come with a full 5-7 year warranty and able to transfer twice. A used boat, the warranty has already started and can only transfer 1 once. That's worth something.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    We normally agree, but to counter. The demo boat should bring more than a used 41 hour boat. You're forgetting the demo boat will come with a full 5-7 year warranty and able to transfer twice. A used boat, the warranty has already started and can only transfer 1 once. That's worth something.
    Good points.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    My avatar is an edited picture I made. Originally that boat is ultra blue and black with the side graphics and different interior
    I understand but the original picture is of the exact boat I bought. My understanding is that they used it for all of the pictures and videos for the 2019 model year before reconditioning it and selling it as a demo. Edited or not, if you could zoom in on the HIN, it would match my boat.
    2019 Moomba MAX

Quote Originally Posted by gsword View Post
    I understand but the original picture is of the exact boat I bought. My understanding is that they used it for all of the pictures and videos for the 2019 model year before reconditioning it and selling it as a demo. Edited or not, if you could zoom in on the HIN, it would match my boat.
    That's pretty cool you're looking at a boat that was used in their marketing material. Did you end up buying the boat? If so congrats!!!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Buying a demo boat has to be better than finding a used boat that you have no idea how the people treated it. I would imagine THAT demo boat was well taken care of. I traded in a POS 2015 Ford last year that sent me to the dealer every 6 months. Now someone else has that Ford.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

don't just assume on condition of demo boats...
    our first wakeboat was an '06 launch20ssv. it was the brochure boat for skiers choice for that model year. orange and white.
    we bought it from a shop in spokane washington as a new never titled boat but had 90hrs on the clock in '07. it still had the wood pieces with boat registration on it that they would toss over the side as they were going from the marina to do photo shoots-they were left under the bow storage seats. take the wood plank off that hung off the grab rails and they can now shoot the boat with no registration on the side.

boat was in good shape but it was def. not pristine. it served us well for the years I had it and very reliable but I would not say it was a mint condition boat and of course when we went to sell it in '12 the fact that it was a brochure boat meant nothing in terms of resale. it's just another 7 year old boat with xx hours on it.

2 positives were factory warranty for us and rare for a launch20 of that year to have the upgraded ext340 engine.
    these people sat in our boat
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    That's pretty cool you're looking at a boat that was used in their marketing material. Did you end up buying the boat? If so congrats!!!
    Yes, we bought it. Thanks.
    2019 Moomba MAX