Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    MJH, it was tough to sell. I bought new in '07 as an '06. it had rough and tough 90 hours on it(demo/photo boat). traded it in summer '12. originally was going to go with MB as at that time moomba really didn't have a boat that was a good surf boat and supra has priced themself out of our market. it sat on the MB lot- also centurion/nautique/mc at the time- for 3 months and not a single offer. boat was clean, only had 280hours and loaded with the 340extcat motor and a huge stereo. part of the issue was 20ft and part was orange. priced at 33k. yanked it off their lot after 90 days. they would not take it on trade for more than 24k.
    I traded it in at the local tige dealer on a 22ve. he was a new dealer trying to make a name for himself and wanted the 22ve sale so he took it on at, iirc, 32k. he ended up using it as the shop boat for the rest of the summer as the couple guys working there wakeboarded and that boat threw a great wave for that and was a breeze to tow. they ended up selling it late fall/early winter to a family up in sun valley and he told me he lost a few grand vs what I traded it in on so I am guessing it went for 29-30.
    if it had been 22ft I think it would have sold quicker but a 20ft boat with a 94" beam for surfing was a tough sell. if it had been 22ft I'd still own it
    we really liked the color as it was unique.
    Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Thanks!!!

MJH, Some more info concerning the orange. Obviously, as a Tennessee fan I'm interested and drawn to orange and would think there should be plenty of folks in the Knox market with the same affinity. That being said, as I shopped for boats (I'll always only buy used) most of the stuff I saw was some combination of orange and black, which I didn't like as it was either some reminder of Harley Davidson schemes or just reminded me of Halloween. Recently, combos of Orange and grey or sliver flake started appearing and I think those are sweet! When I bought my Mojo from Denney's (KY around Dale Hollow) they were plugging for me to come back in a couple of years to trade for a Supra. I jokingly told them to get one in Orange and I'd do it. They said they had an orange boat a few years back and couldn't move it. That surprised me as I would think they serve just as many Tenn fans as KY fans wanting blue due to their location.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    which I didn't like as it was either some reminder of Harley Davidson schemes or just reminded me of Halloween. Recently, combos of Orange and grey or sliver flake started appearing and I think those are sweet! When I bought my Mojo from Denney's (KY around Dale Hollow) they were plugging for me to come back in a couple of years to trade for a Supra. I jokingly told them to get one in Orange and I'd do it.

They said they had an orange boat a few years back and couldn't move it. That surprised me as I would think they serve just as many Tenn fans as KY fans wanting blue due to their location.
    Thanks for the reply. At the most recent boat show, we talked about the same thing - orange and black > Harley and Halloween.

After talking with other dealers, I hear the same thing about orange - slow to move them or get people to look at them.

I was just talking to Chad from Denny's a few weeks ago, but that was on a gunmetal flake gray/black/red boat. Sounds like a good dude. Hear good comments from other buyers.

Also looked at an X30 MC from Cleveland TN. That owner had several orange flake boats and he always sold them. Vols fans from East TN I assume.

Too bad I'm a transplanted yank that supports Ohio State . . . . but I like that orange flake.
    2018 Supra SL400

O-H!

--
    2019 Craz

I-O! We will see what new coaching has in store for them.
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 03-01-2019 at 01:51 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

not a wakeboat but the dealer down the road from the mb dealer that tried to peddle mine had a blue/orange boat- don't recall the I/O brand but it sat for almost 2 years before it sold. and that was right in the middle of boise state's home town.

I loved the orange and we almost did it on the mb we had built to order but after seeing how long it took to peddle ours it would be a tough sell.

when shopping for our latest boat we had one here locally that was orange/white and we chose to ship in same year/same options/same hours boat for a few $$ more that is white/blue/green. that orange one took him almost 8 months to sell from first list to check in hand and he was priced lower than any other of that brand/model boat across the net.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

You have one of the best dealers in Knoxville and they just sold a Orange SA I think. I've had a red/gray boat, an orange/white boat, and a blue/white boat on Norris and currently a blue / black. It's funny the red / gray went to a TN fan south of Cookeville TN, not sure where the orange/white went dealer sold, the blue/white went to PA (Penn State Fan)

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I-O! We will see what new coaching has in store for them.
    I didn’t start this thread to read this crap. Go Blue.
    2019 Moomba MAX

Quote Originally Posted by gsword View Post
    I didn’t start this thread to read this crap. Go Blue.
    Lol!

--
    2019 Craz

Never understood the OH.....IO thing, are they bobcat fans?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan