Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Supra SL

Default 2018 Supra SL

Does anyone have the 2018 Supra SL, I am picking mine up in like three weeks.

1) Hows the wave for wakeboarding? Does it compete with the best out there, which models does it compete with?
    2) Hows the wave for wakesurfing? Does it compete with the best out there, which models does it compete with?

There's not much in reviews for these boats, did companies stop reviewing boats in this day and age? Everytime I search for best surf or board boat the results are a joke.

Thanks !!!
    JoeMama

I have a 2018 Supra SL, it seems like a lot of people are raving about them.
    1) wakeboard wake is awesome, It is very similar to the G23 loaded ,Has more kick at the end compared to a SA, take some weight out and slow down you get a clean wake with at 17.5 mph
    2) surf wake was better than a G23 if you are a skimmer, if you are a surf style guy you may have to run the pitch higher but will still compete with the G. My set up on the Sl was very Similar to a 18 xstar. I am not sure how it compares to a ri237
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

Last edited by Mobius22; 02-14-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMma View Post
    There's not much in reviews for these boats, did companies stop reviewing boats in this day and age? Everytime I search for best surf or board boat the results are a joke.
    You are looking for something that does not exist that gives 1 answer. But for info, it depends on where you go for information.

WakeWorld has a lot of brand loyal people. Hard to get a good answer there. But there are a few honest people on there.

If you as the Pros you might get a different answer by asking them VS having them publish something in a mag or website. They are sponsored. So do you think they will say anything bad about their sponsor?

If you go to Facebook Sites or Forums, most are a little biased b/c that is why those people are posting there. BUT there are people on both sites that have owned both boats and will give you an honest answer OR someone that spends a lot of time on both boats. That is what you need to find.

Most people compare the new Supra SE vs G23. Somebody was just asking the Supra SE vs G23 question on the Supra/Moomba Facebook page and there were many responses.

There are events like the west coast Polar Bear Event that get different boats and different riders to demo wake boats and surf boards. At the end of the event, there is not 1 answer on what is "best" The event is designed to offer the different flavors and get the different opinions from the riders. Not every boat is there. Robert, aka Ragboy who organizes the event gives very honest answers to questions on boats or wakes. He owns a Supra now, but gives good data on any boat he rides in. Also can find him on the Wake9 web site.
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 02-14-2019 at 10:13 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

the best wave out there is the boat you are happy with.....

ask 100 good riders. some will say the sl is better, some will say the g is better. all a matter of opinion. kind of like saying which is better, ferrari or lambo. both are amazing machines and either would be nice to own. each has things they do a little better than the other.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    the best wave out there is the boat you are happy with.....

ask 100 good riders. some will say the sl is better, some will say the g is better. all a matter of opinion. kind of like saying which is better, ferrari or lambo. both are amazing machines and either would be nice to own. each has things they do a little better than the other.
    I will say this: one is typically a lot more expensive than the other, for no practical reason. That one is hard to explain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakota, think of the same thing in the automotive world. zr1 vette will run with almost any lambo/ferrari around the track, 1/4 mile and skidpad tests. cost 1/3 the cash. but people still buy the ferrari for the looks at the gas station and prestige of owning one.

same thing with the G boats.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I will say this: one is typically a lot more expensive than the other, for no practical reason. That one is hard to explain.

You can take that to the bank or you may have to rob a bank to buy 'one'
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    Dakota, think of the same thing in the automotive world. zr1 vette will run with almost any lambo/ferrari around the track, 1/4 mile and skidpad tests. cost 1/3 the cash. but people still buy the ferrari for the looks at the gas station and prestige of owning one.

same thing with the G boats.
    Good analogy, however I think a Pavati is aligned with lambo/Ferrari that requires FU money.

Supra/Moomba might be like Cadillac/Chevy or Lincoln/Ford?

Malibu Maybe Chrysler?

Feel free to EDIT as you see fit.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Good analogy, however I think a Pavati is aligned with lambo/Ferrari that requires FU money.

Supra/Moomba might be like Cadillac/Chevy or Lincoln/Ford?

Malibu Maybe Chrysler?

Feel free to EDIT as you see fit.

My view is anything north of 200K is FU money
    2018 Supra SL400