Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

And as Josh referred to, with this new system not having vent hoses on the top we had to find a way to vent any air out of the bag. That is why we have 3 new fittings on the top of the bag. They are basically a one way fitting that uses a diaphragm to let air slowly escape but not water. They vent air slowly and as the air escapes, the sensor sees that and literally gives you the green light letting you know you can top off the bag with more water. Any time you top off the bag and the sensor sees full, it will again turn off pump and give you a red light telling you all is full again. This is another nice feature based on AutoWake where the system is trying to help you maximize overall displacement or weight in the boat...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Goose,

Is there a good method of manually checking and venting air out of bags that don’t have the 2019 upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Man I'm glad Matt chimmed in to really clear this up. I'm so stoked on this ballast system and can't wait to get it on the water.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

So if I understand correctly, on 2019 boats we won't have to burp the bags due to the new vent fitting automatically venting/purging the air out while keeping water from escaping? I'm still a little confused if I need to get more flow sensors for any bag I add to the system. If I piggyback a older 750 lb midship bag off the rear 1000 lb bag, how will the sensor know when my 750 lb is full? Thanks for going into detail on this new sensor tech!
    Last edited by haknslash; 02-16-2019 at 10:21 AM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Goose,

Is there a good method of manually checking and venting air out of bags that don’t have the 2019 upgrade?

On the older boats, you can manually vent anytime, but you really have to do that visually. That's why the new sensors are so nice.

Matt Brown

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    So if I understand correctly, on 2019 boats we won't have to burp the bags due to the new vent fitting automatically venting/purging the air out while keeping water from escaping? I'm still a little confused if I need to get more flow sensors for any bag I add to the system. If I piggyback a older 750 lb midship bag off the rear 1000 lb bag, how will the sensor know when my 750 lb is full? Thanks for going into detail on this new sensor tech!
    I will try and help.

Correct, you don't have to manually vent now. We still have 1 manual vent for venting the first time you run boat or if you ever want to, but even that is not necessary.

If you piggy back, it doesn't matter. There is only 1 fitting that leads to outside of boat. The sensors are located on that. So any water that starts to overfill goes through that fitting and talks to sensor. You could literally piggy back 5 bags in a row and all that matters is when they are all full, it will eventually send water to top of sensor. Hope that makes sense...

Matt Brown

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    I will try and help.

Correct, you don't have to manually vent now. We still have 1 manual vent for venting the first time you run boat or if you ever want to, but even that is not necessary.

If you piggy back, it doesn't matter. There is only 1 fitting that leads to outside of boat. The sensors are located on that. So any water that starts to overfill goes through that fitting and talks to sensor. You could literally piggy back 5 bags in a row and all that matters is when they are all full, it will eventually send water to top of sensor. Hope that makes sense...

Ah that makes sense and I understand the system now. Thanks for taking the time to clarify. We can’t wait to get our new boat and take the factory tour!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Goose, any of you SC guys at the Detroit show this week or next?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Man I'm glad Matt chimmed in to really clear this up. I'm so stoked on this ballast system and can't wait to get it on the water.
    Me too! Wondering if $500 in leadwake would be better (leaving 900s and the factory system) or messing with swapping $900 WM water ballast version of lead. Leaning towards lead for space saving and ability to move weight around the boat.

Either way, awesome info!

--
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post

On the Moomba, that is why the software is backward compatible only on the units with the 480 display. We are trying our best to keep hardware together so that future software is backward compatible, but that will not always be the case. As to the questions about bug fixes and software enhancements, here is a general understanding of the 480 software and model years....
    Hey Goose,
    Do you know when we can purchase the sensor and venting upgrade package for a 2018 Craz? I just called my dealer for some pricing. They said the factory told them the upgrade wasn’t available yet.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold