Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

How do the flow sensors work vs the pressure sensors? If I add bags let’s say to the midship, do I also need to add flow sensors? Sorry for the newb questions, I’m still trying to learn this stuff lol.

Good question. My local dealership was having a in-house boat show last weekend so the wife and I stopped to check out the 2019’s. The max they had did not have vent hoses off the top of the rear bags, just a fitting that I assume only lets air out and tells the system when it’s full?
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    How do the flow sensors work vs the pressure sensors? If I add bags let’s say to the midship, do I also need to add flow sensors? Sorry for the newb questions, I’m still trying to learn this stuff lol.
    The sensors are located towards the end of the vent lines, so replacing a bag isn't a big deal as long as you have a vent hose towards the bottom where the factory connect is. Why is it connected to the bottom instead of the top, I have no clue but either flow or pressure are in the same vent hole for the bags.
    Good question. My local dealership was having a in-house boat show last weekend so the wife and I stopped to check out the 2019’s. The max they had did not have vent hoses off the top of the rear bags, just a fitting that I assume only lets air out and tells the system when it’s full?
    The fitting you see does nothing for the sensors. The are a special fitting that allows air out but not the water, self burping bag. How quick do the let air out I'm not sure but I love the idea.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by moombacraze View Post
    FYI, regarding Supra, I just ordered a SL. I opted for the “ballast fill sensors upgrade”. It is not shown on the build site, but it is an option that the dealer can order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting, so they include them with the Moomba's (I assume with the ballast/flow system option) but it's a-la-carte add on with Supras?
    --
    2019 Craz

Supra's ballast sensors are a mid-year option addition for this year. Moomba has them standard for 2019. Supra had a lot of new technology and parts to validate for 2019 (new dash, walk-through, interiors, etc.) so they were not added at the beginning of the year until they were fully validated.

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    That's fantastic news! Congrats on your SL build, MP is a great dealer to work with.
    I’m beyond excited for the SL. MP has always been great to work with!

Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

Are they back wards compatible to Moomba's and Supra's?
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

Default 2019 Moomba ballast change for the good.

Advantage of these new sensors? Just assuring the bags are full?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Advantage of these new sensors? Just assuring the bags are full?
    Autowake will take care of the bags being full, especially with the self burping bags. IMO I see just overall less running for your pumps. Also extended pumping out the side now should warn you water is in the bilge.
    Are they back wards compatible to Moomba's and Supra's?
    I have no clue, my guess is no.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

They give you an accurate reading of how much ballast is actually in the bags. Timers do not do this by themselves, it's all a guesstimate based on the time it takes to pump the ballast. So, they're much more accurate now. They also automatically reset your fill and drain time every time the ballast is completely full or empty. For example, in the past you could fill the bags and be venting ballast at 80% full, now it will automatically reset the timer to 100% so you have the full drain time to drain them down. AND, the sensors will show you when enough air escapes the bags to be able to top them off again, essentially keeping you completely full at all times.