Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default 2019 Moomba ballast change for the good.

Got a chance to sit down with Mr. Matt Brown of MOOMBA at the UT boat show. The new ballast is pretty damn cool and the way it works with the new sensors. The Max has all flow sensors and the others have pressure in the rear and flow sensors for the bow. Added with new top valves that allow air to escape and keep water in, pretty much a slowly burping itself bag. Also added is a red dot to the ballast screen for each section that tells you a true 100% filled and when you fall below full its goes yellow. So now your bags will run to full and then auto shut off when the sensors get activated, it's still on timers also. So in the past on extended lake trips I empty by ballast and the next fill it vents very early because of residual water which makes me have to go and manually tell the boat it's 100% and not just run the pumps the full cycle. Now your sensor will take over and auto shut off and log 100% full. If I heard correct Supra still don't have this technology on their boats in case somebody asks.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Got a chance to sit down with Mr. Matt Brown of MOOMBA at the UT boat show. The new ballast is pretty damn cool and the way it works with the new sensors. The Max has all flow sensors and the others have pressure in the rear and flow sensors for the bow. Added with new top valves that allow air to escape and keep water in, pretty much a slowly burping itself bag. Also added is a red dot to the ballast screen for each section that tells you a true 100% filled and when you fall below full its goes yellow. So now your bags will run to full and then auto shut off when the sensors get activated, it's still on timers also. So in the past on extended lake trips I empty by ballast and the next fill it vents very early because of residual water which makes me have to go and manually tell the boat it's 100% and not just run the pumps the full cycle. Now your sensor will take over and auto shut off and log 100% full. If I heard correct Supra still don't have this technology on their boats in case somebody asks.
    I had heard bits and pieces about this, didn't have the full scoop. Cool to know, thanks!

Once I get my Craz I might be getting rid of the rear 900s in favor of the WM 1190s...question is, I assume these sensors are an easy swap over to new bags? And I guess I would need to check w/ WM to make sure they're compatible (can't imagine why they wouldn't be)...
    --
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Munch520 View Post
    I had heard bits and pieces about this, didn't have the full scoop. Cool to know, thanks!

Once I get my Craz I might be getting rid of the rear 900s in favor of the WM 1190s...question is, I assume these sensors are an easy swap over to new bags? And I guess I would need to check w/ WM to make sure they're compatible (can't imagine why they wouldn't be)...
    If I seen correctly the only thing you will need is a different placement on the vent hose. They now appear to come out of the bottom corner in the rear and up to the sensor and not out the top.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

Is that just the MAX?
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Is that just the MAX?
    All the Moomba boats. The MAX is the only one with all flow sensors and the others have pressure sensors for the rear and flow for the front.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

I just got my 2019 mondo, and upgraded the bags to 750's in the rear. Not sure how this will work, are the pressure sensors in the bags? The dealer is ordering the upgrade and connecting it up.
    Last edited by jason1973; 02-11-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    I just got my 2019, and upgraded the bags to 750's in the rear. Not sure how this will work, are the pressure sensors in the bags? The dealer is ordering the upgrade and connecting it up.
    No they're not in the bags. The rears are in the rear panel towards the top outer corner hooked to a non flex pipe which then flexes to the bag and out the vent hole.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

No they're not in the bags. The rears are in the rear panel towards the top outer corner hooked to a non flex pipe which then flexes to the bag and out the vent hole.
    awesome, thanks!!!!
    2019 Mondo

FYI, regarding Supra, I just ordered a SL. I opted for the “ballast fill sensors upgrade”. It is not shown on the build site, but it is an option that the dealer can order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

Quote Originally Posted by moombacraze View Post
    FYI, regarding Supra, I just ordered a SL. I opted for the “ballast fill sensors upgrade”. It is not shown on the build site, but it is an option that the dealer can order.
    That's fantastic news! Congrats on your SL build, MP is a great dealer to work with.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba