Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Easy way to drain old gas?

I have a 2005 moomba outback and I need to drain the gas from it as it has been sitting for over a year in the tank. What is the easiest/fastest way to make sure to get it all out before putting new gas in?

I would disconnect the fill hose from the tank and siphon out. Then flush with a gallon or so of fresh fuel and siphon that out. Dispose of the first part properly. Use the last gallon in the lawnmower.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Not sure how it is on the 2005 but I was at my dealer this week to check my fuel pump for a recall on the grommet between the pump and tank and we pulled the floor up by removing 8 screws and then it was all right there seemed pretty easy to pull the pump out and just siphon it straight from the tank. Then I would follow the above suggestion with disposal and cleaning with a fresh gallon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I hadn't started my GTO in several years with old gas in it, like 5+ years. Ran a little rough at startup, but was otherwise fine. You can siphon it out, but I wouldn't bother. YMMV.
    She ain't pretty, but she can dance!
    1998 Mobius

Carbureted or fuel injection? Carbureted is easy as I did that twice a year.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

How much in the tank? Seriously, id dump in a can of Stabil and run it like I stole it. Year old gas may be a little flat, but its not terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    How much in the tank? Seriously, id dump in a can of Stabil and run it like I stole it. Year old gas may be a little flat, but its not terminal.
    Ditto.......
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Yep, year old isn’t gonna hurt. The hours you put on the boat will be much more enjoyable than the hours you put in draining gas! Lol

If the boat is fuel injected you can also hot wire the fuel pump and use it to drain the tank. Much easier and cleaner.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Yep, year old isn’t gonna hurt. The hours you put on the boat will be much more enjoyable than the hours you put in draining gas! Lol

If the boat is fuel injected you can also hot wire the fuel pump and use it to drain the tank. Much easier and cleaner.
    Same with carburated. Disconnect the gas line at the carb, jumper the pump and drain a tank in 5 minutes.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I wasn’t sure if the carb boats had a high pressure pump or not! Good to know
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400