Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

All good stuff and I appreciate all the info. I definitely want it musical for in and around the boat, not across the lake. I could hear my old boat coming in from several hundred yards and it sounded awesome with Samsom Kilpsch speakers and a sub next to the engine on an I/O. The cabin speakers were never in play. Sounds like I can't go wrong with Exile or WS. Just have to get a box built to specs under the helm, that seems to be the tricky part.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

Hopefully I can start this back up without a new thread...Might be tricky to fit a 2.0cf box under the helm of the Max. Box builder will be out in a week to take a look. IF I can't get a ported box for a 12, should I go sealed (was thinking the Wetsounds Revo 12xxx instead of Exile Xi12 if I need sealed, 2x the RMS) or do a 10" in a ported box since that will probably fit? Was checking out the Kicker L7S subs for 10".
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

A higher power handling woofer, and amp to drive it, will certainly help offset the lost output potential difference between a ported and sealed. A ported 10" would give back some on output, but you do lose a little bass extension.

Id get those gross dimensions, then work from there.

I added a kicker 12” L7S to my max in a 1.25 sealed box, which was the minimum recommended. I’m sure a professional box builder could get creative, but I could not figure out how to get a bigger box in there. You really are limited on space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    I added a kicker 12” L7S to my max in a 1.25 sealed box, which was the minimum recommended. I’m sure a professional box builder could get creative, but I could not figure out how to get a bigger box in there. You really are limited on space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Ugh, and I want a 2.0...how do you like that Kicker? That's one of my options also.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

All is good now, box builder can fit the required box for the Big12. Should be a fish killer. Thanks for all the input.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    All is good now, box builder can fit the required box for the Big12. Should be a fish killer. Thanks for all the input.
    That thing is going to hit hard! Please post pics of the box when it’s done.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    That thing is going to hit hard! Please post pics of the box when it’s done.
    Absolutely! how do you like the xs65's in the cabin? I was hoping to add another pair but the Wetsounds amp that comes with the boat (HTX-4) is perfect for 4 interior and I would have to get a new amp (like the HTX-6) to run an additional set I think. I've already spent enough money and the wife really wants some interior lighting.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

They freakin scream! I was considering adding another pair off the get go but once I installed everything and tuned the amp it’s really not necessary.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

[QUOTE=z28ke;337660]They freakin scream!

That's what I want to hear!
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled