Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Exile Setup...good?

Going to Exile my boat...4 surf speakers (audiophile within 30 ft of boat is all I need), Big 12 in ported box under helm, upgrade interior speakers to sx 65's...oh yeah, I'm awaiting a 19 Max. Good start? Maybe next year add two XM9 and amp for all around and some interior...I don't want a stereo, I want a kick ass stereo...I've heard Wetsounds towers and thought they were too harsh with treble and I'm older. Thoughts? Do better with 4k worth of gear? I can go from hip hop to country to rap and to rock...for this amount of money and not able to demo anything, what do you guys think?
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

I have a Exile Javelin amp powering 4 SX65's and one xi12d; and a XM30.2 amp powering a pair of rev10's (and the exile zone controller) and am very satisfied with my setup. It is LOUD AND CLEAR. Too loud and clear according to small children, my wife and my in-laws neighbors at the lake hahahaha

Last summer over July 4th weekend the xi12d "let the goo out" (for lack of a better term) after playing the stereo for hours tied to the inlaws dock and quit working. I sent it back and Donovan at exile sent me a new one no problem. If it happens again I'll upgrade to the big12, but it was hitting hard for the rest of the summer without any troubles. I still haven't ruled out foul play by one of the aforementioned neighbors, who was complaining about the bass earlier that day. Everything was working fine when I shut it off and went to bed that night, the next morning the sub was toast....

What amp combos are you considering?
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

to OP- I thought the same thing on ws rev series. I ended up with 4 icon8's on the tower of my last boat and loved them. much more musical than the rev series but I am not a real fan of compression loaded drivers. I prefer a standard tweeter arrangement but if you want to be "that guy" on the lake or the sandbar hlcd drivers will make you the loudest there. others on here will chime in that you can tune the rev series to sound great but I really don't think so. I was on the fence ws vs exile on the last system and ended up in ws since the in-boats were ws that came from factory. exile gets a lot of heat outside of the moomba forums but they do put their brand on some decent stuff.
    my current boat came with 4 rev10's and not really liking them.
    for subs i'll never spend money on any other brand than jl audio if you want big bass. had 12w6 in last 2 boats and current has 13w7. I'm sure ws and exile make good subs but jl has been doing it for years and quite good at it.

keep in mind there's nothing wrong with mix/match brands. get the best in each category from each manufacturer and guaranteed to have a rockin system.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

.I've heard Wetsounds towers and thought they were too harsh with treble
    One has to take this with a grain of salt, knowing Wet Sounds currently offers 5 different tower speaker models. There is also no way of knowing how the entire system is tuned. Although an HLCD is known to have an aggressive tweeter, by design, larger HLCDs, like in the 10" and 11" range, are the exception. The added surface area offer deeper mid-bass that no number of smaller speakers will ever deliver. To take it a step further, with a little EQ'ing, you can knock the edge off of an HLCD if you like.

Maybe next year add two XM9 and amp
    This steers you right back into your original scenario you want to avoid. Further, you now have a six 8" pod, 2 amp setup at a greater cost, to achieve what 2 pair of larger 10" or 11" HLCDs on a single amp will do, at a smaller investment.

I recommend holding both the 2019 factory in-boat and the exile xs65 side by side, and then decide if that would be an upgrade. The new Recon-6 is an exceptional marine speaker. Shares a number of features with the Revo series. rubber like spider (over a woven), enclosed magnet (over an open magnet), sealed speaker lead pigtail with weather pac style waterproof connector setup, nylon basket (not stamped steel. Mounting screws compress on the basket not the grill for a secure mount without tension on the grill. Its 3/4" dome tweeter and 6.5" mid-bass woofer offers excellent balance.

Oh yea I forgot the 2019's come with wetsounds in-boat speakers as MLA pointed out. That being the case I wouldn't spend the money to replace them, just amp them properly.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

@MLA really wish you had a shop down here in Texas I would just take you the boat when it’s time to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post
    @MLA really wish you had a shop down here in Texas I would just take you the boat when it’s time to upgrade.

If your in TX and depending on where you are you should hit up Earmark Audio in Plano or Lewisville. They will get your set up right. One of the guys from earmark used to post on here frequently.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    If your in TX and depending on where you are you should hit up Earmark Audio in Plano or Lewisville. They will get your set up right. One of the guys from earmark used to post on here frequently.

I want to earmark in Lewisville didn’t really care much for the vibe or the sales people there felt like a really expensive car toys to me.

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

What amp combos are you considering?[/QUOTE]

xm 30.2 for all 4 towers and xm15.1 for sub. I have the boat being built with just the tower wired and amp. I'll have that amp run the interior speakers.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

Our Mojo was completely Exiled and was incredible. WS is great, JL is great, but the Exile was the best bang for the buck imo. Can't remember exactly, but the Max may run the bow speakers off of the head unit. You'll have to ask or look at it. At any rate. I used 2 amps, the javelin ran 3 sets of 6.5s with the 5th channel running the xi12d sub that I had in a ported box. Had a 30.2 mated to 1 pair of XM9s. Remember, tuning is key, you can run all the equipment you want, but if it's setup poorly, you'll hate it. The guys at Exile helped me tremendously when I installed all mine. They'll let you know exactly what you need to work best for you. Best of luck and have fun!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold