Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post
    I’ve not had the boat out yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What you have had the boat a whole 2 days and haven't had it out!!!! J/K LOL!! I figured that you hadn't taken it out yet I just wasn't sure if anyone else had any experience with anything similar.

I am really curious as to how they mounted the ladder under there. I see the screws but with the reflection it is hard to tell if they reinforced the fiberglass where it is mounted, if the platform is thicker there or if they glassed the mounting bracket in or anything. The ladder comes with a mounting bracket and suggest through bolting it so that is why I am so curious. It looks great though! Super clean install and very handy!

Also I am not trying to Hi-Jack your thread just very interested in this mod as I have looked into temporary ladders that I could put off of my ski pylon that are rope style with solid footholds but this is what I would really love to do.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    What you have had the boat a whole 2 days and haven't had it out!!!! J/K LOL!! I figured that you hadn't taken it out yet I just wasn't sure if anyone else had any experience with anything similar.

I am really curious as to how they mounted the ladder under there. I see the screws but with the reflection it is hard to tell if they reinforced the fiberglass where it is mounted, if the platform is thicker there or if they glassed the mounting bracket in or anything. The ladder comes with a mounting bracket and suggest through bolting it so that is why I am so curious. It looks great though! Super clean install and very handy!

Also I am not trying to Hi-Jack your thread just very interested in this mod as I have looked into temporary ladders that I could put off of my ski pylon that are rope style with solid footholds but this is what I would really love to do.
    I’m thinking the platform is thicker there. It’s finished fiberglass under there so leads me to believe it solid?

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post
    I’m thinking the platform is thicker there. It’s finished fiberglass under there so leads me to believe it solid?

Is there any indication that it is thicker there? is it raised at all in that area as compared to the surrounding area?

I hope I am not bothering you with this....I am just trying to figure if I could actually make this happen on mine when it shows up.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Is there any indication that it is thicker there? is it raised at all in that area as compared to the surrounding area?

I hope I am not bothering you with this....I am just trying to figure if I could actually make this happen on mine when it shows up.
    I’ll have to look when I get back to the shop

I added this ladder on my mojo.

https://www.amazon.com/Amarine-made-...latform+ladder

Looks very similar but the way yours locks in is slick. I would have gotten that one instead if I had found it when I was looking.

For mounting I drilled a few extra holes into the ladder frame so I would have 4 or 5 per side of the ladder and just stainless lag screws that where short enough not to go all the way through the platform. I also put 3m 5200 to seal the holes and "glue" the frame to the platform. I figured worst case would be it starts to pull out I can always go back and drill through holes later if I need to but it has been rock solid for at least a year.
    2015 Mojo with autoflow

Also no effect on the wave for me.
    2015 Mojo with autoflow

Picture of mine.
    platform ladder.jpg
    2015 Mojo with autoflow

Quote Originally Posted by cpropes2005 View Post
    I added this ladder on my mojo.

https://www.amazon.com/Amarine-made-...latform+ladder

Looks very similar but the way yours locks in is slick. I would have gotten that one instead if I had found it when I was looking.

For mounting I drilled a few extra holes into the ladder frame so I would have 4 or 5 per side of the ladder and just stainless lag screws that where short enough not to go all the way through the platform. I also put 3m 5200 to seal the holes and "glue" the frame to the platform. I figured worst case would be it starts to pull out I can always go back and drill through holes later if I need to but it has been rock solid for at least a year.
    Good to know that thing looks great!! Did you drill any pilot holes for it or just screwed them in?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Yeah I did drill pilot holes. Obviously just make sure you don't go too deep and go all the way through the platform. If I recall correctly my platform was around 1" thick so I used 7/8" long stainless screws.
    2015 Mojo with autoflow