Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

I think the one I noticed had 70 hours.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I think the one I noticed had 70 hours.
    May be the same one? I’m not sure on exact hours. Just knew it was around 100. It’s from Tn I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post
    Going with the 18 se450

So what steered you in that direction as opposed to the Makai? Did you get an extended warranty? I really liked the Makai, but after 4 years in my Mojo, which I love, I just want to step up to something nicer.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by ghebert1111 View Post
    So what steered you in that direction as opposed to the Makai? Did you get an extended warranty? I really liked the Makai, but after 4 years in my Mojo, which I love, I just want to step up to something nicer.
    It’s just a nicer boat In my opinion. I like the styling of the SE over the makai. Colors were a factor also. I know the surf system works well. I’m sure the makai does as well. I could’ve saved about 5000 from a new makai but I personally think it’s worth the extra.

Padge, did you get it through Denney's or private party?
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Padge, did you get it through Denney's or private party?
    Denney’s

Default 17 se450, 17 sa450, or 19 makai

For sake of information: Makai interior materials are nicer than what you’re used to on your Moomba. It’s a step up—the same vinyl that went into the 2018 Supras before they switched to ChillTech in 2019.

I owned a 2016 SE450 for 170 hrs, and now a Makai that has 35 hours. The differences are aesthetic to a degree. Example: grab handles are simple chrome on Makai, fancy billet type stuff on Supra. However....and this is interesting....we prefer the “cheap ones” because our kids heads, our elbows, etc hurt a lot less when we bang them on the cheap curved chrome ones. Aesthetically inferior, practically superior. Same for the flip seat brackets. Knee killers on SE, non-factor on Makai. The vinyl patterns are more elaborate on the Supra. The gunnels are fancier. The seat bottoms are narrower on Makai, yielding a larger floor, and more “open” feel. The driver footwell has a side on Supra, none on Makai.

The walkthrough is a major advantage to Makai. We really like that. Storage favors Makai big time. Stereo in Makai is much less fancy than Supra touch screen, but is dead simple to operate. I actually prefer it (kinda like cruddier grab handles).

Supra is def a bit fancier, but less user friendly and open. Perhaps prettier, but less well thought out in the human-ness department (example: phone holders in Makai are brilliant). Freeboard is much bigger in Makai.

If you ordered a Makai, the 450 is worth every penny.

Swell 3.0 is better than Flow 2.0, but ballast arrangement in Makai is better. They both make a huge wave when dialed. Swell will clean up a little bit easier. Negligible advantage overall once you dial.

I have a unique perspective having significant time in both. I see the merits of both. It’s really what your priorities are, and which one “captures” you.

Thanks for the thorough input. I spent a lot of time in the Makai at the Birmingham boat show and like I said, I liked it, but after being in a friends 2018 SE last summer I have Supra on the brain

I have a much longer horizon to buy a boat then most people so I can see how prices are next year or the year after that and decide if a used 2019 Supra is still worth the extra money over a Makai.

I'm more interested in an SL than an SE but it seems that 2018 SLs are selling for more than 2018 SEs, why is that?
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

I'm more interested in an SL than an SE but it seems that 2018 SLs are selling for more than 2018 SEs, why is that?
    I am not "in the know" on this but I would assume the 2018 SEs "value" is suffering due to the all new redesigned 2019 SE. The SL was a new model in 2018 so it is holding its value. Either way I feel like there is a lot of value for people buying 2018SEs at the lower prices as they are great boats.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I was told at the boat show that the SL would probably be getting a redesign as well in the next year or 2.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo