Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Yea the wave looks nice but what about the rest of the boat and stuff that matters ? Anyone that has ever sat or drove both will know the Moomba is a much nicer boat. The interior of a Axis has as much plastic as a 1992 Chevrolet Cavalier. With the wedge deployed those boats feel like dragging a parachute or at least that’s how the A22 I drove felt. The bow was riding sky high when I was running surf speeds with wedge deployed and the view from the seat doesn’t help visibility matters either due to windshield design.

Not to argue with bow rise.....but the wedge is like 1200 lbs....you add 1200 lbs to the rear of any boat without the approx. 60/40 split they will almost all ride nose high. Not saying either is better but that's just kind of a weak sauce argument. Of course Axis KNOWING this should also have them from the factory with more nose weight but hey we cant always get what we want lol.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerbilly View Post
    Not to argue with bow rise.....but the wedge is like 1200 lbs....you add 1200 lbs to the rear of any boat without the approx. 60/40 split they will almost all ride nose high. Not saying either is better but that's just kind of a weak sauce argument. Of course Axis KNOWING this should also have them from the factory with more nose weight but hey we cant always get what we want lol.
    I would rather use real weight than “wedge” weight. The increase in relative drag with the wedge is crazy high, whereas you can sink the ass of a boat with straight weight and not be pulling a parachute through the water.

And yes to the bow weight. My buds 17 23LSV needs a hideous triangle bow sac to remotely work well enough to hang with our other crew boats (SL, SE, Makai, RZX3).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I would rather use real weight than “wedge” weight. The increase in relative drag with the wedge is crazy high, whereas you can sink the ass of a boat with straight weight and not be pulling a parachute through the water.

And yes to the bow weight. My buds 17 23LSV needs a hideous triangle bow sac to remotely work well enough to hang with our other crew boats (SL, SE, Makai, RZX3).

I have always wondered that about the wedge and it's drag. It has to create a crazy amount of stress on the components and mounting locations on the hull vs just slamming the boat. I am not saying that it isn't all well engineered or up to the task but I am just not a fan of "pulling the boat down". (I know spoken like a true Moomba owner LOL!! )
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I have always wondered that about the wedge and it's drag. It has to create a crazy amount of stress on the components and mounting locations on the hull vs just slamming the boat. I am not saying that it isn't all well engineered or up to the task but I am just not a fan of "pulling the boat down". (I know spoken like a true Moomba owner LOL!! )
    Keep it coming! LOL, the last thing I want while mine is built is to feel any buyer's remorse.

PS - spray date is today! Happy Birthday to my Craz Gotta pick a name for it...Batman? Bruiser? lol
    --
    2019 Craz

You don’t want an Axis brother. Don’t worry about that!

Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    keep it coming! Lol, the last thing i want while mine is built is to feel any buyer's remorse.
    what he said!!
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

This marketing group that did this video also has one comparing a bu to a mastercraft. One thing i noticed in both videos is the axis and the bu are always closer to the camera in the "side by side" shots. so it's a bit of camera trickery that of course makes the closer wave look bigger. and from what i can tell, they used that imagery to "measure" the waive height and length and volume. and you KNOW they spent more time dialing in their boats to get a prettier wave. hells bells, i can create a TERRIBLE wave out of my boat if i choose to. It's real easy to demonstrate how BAD a wave can be on any boat.
    I've never been in or behind an axis. but in 100% fairness, all i've heard is they do put out a nice surf wave stock.
    I agree w/the, they're scared, comment. SC is killing it.
    Zero regret/buyers remorse.... period.
    2016 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    You don’t want an Axis brother. Don’t worry about that!

For sure, the only thing it had going for it when I demo'd was the wave. And it was MAYBE a bit better but that can be tweaked. And much better GPH with the Craz.
    --
    2019 Craz

My best friend has a A24 which we’ve used a fair amount. However, I just sold my LSV and bought a Makai. Just saying..........

7FC345D0-CD94-4F38-B4A6-5F48670D2F2C.jpg
    -Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)
    1997 Bayliner 1850 (sold)