Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

It is all about set up in my opinion. I have been behind a 2015 Axis T22 and a 2017 Malibu 23LSV. The LSV has a larger, longer wave than I have been able to produce with my Craz, but it should when set up properly. It also cost $30k more. My Craz is easily as good or better than the T22 when comparing waves. Both boats had the PNP bags added, and definitely needed them to reach max potential. I have not upgraded bags in my Craz because I want the extra storage space. However, the great part about the Moomba is using the Autowake to see your potential amplitude. I can certainly notice a larger / longer wave when I have a full boat, full tank of gas and coolers full of “soda”..... That being said, I purchased some lead Wake over the winter and can’t wait to see how that helps the overall surf wave when running a light crew. Personally, I think all these boats can produce some pretty badass waves.
    That being said, for me it came down to fit and finish. Moomba was far superior to Axis in my opinion. People can also say what they want about Autowake, but if you take the time to research it and understand it, it works. That helps with producing the same wave each time. I wouldn’t even consider trading my Craz for an Axis or a Malibu right now. Or any other boat for that matter....ok maybe an SE550.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    Or any other boat for that matter....ok maybe an SE550.

Ha ha. Agree. I will take the SL. 450 is good for me.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Sorry
    Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here.
    Shows Error

Default Wave comparisons

Copy/Paste the link into a browser:

Another forum was reporting the website down.

https://www.guinnpartners.com/boat-testing/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 02-04-2019 at 07:06 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

So if you go to the site the also review A G23 against a both 25 LSV & 24 MXZ in which the BU "wins" in both, funny how they put a 25' & 24' against a 23'.......

In fact every video on their site is a BU product vs another brand and in everyone BU "wins"
    Last edited by TXSurf4; 02-04-2019 at 11:05 AM.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

#undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    #undefeated

LMAO!! I almost spit my coffee all over my desk when I saw this!!
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

BU paid for it, so I assume they will have something to play at the boat shows.

Probably looks pretty looping all day at the BU booth.

2018 Supra SL400

Coming from a 2012 Malibu 247 I can say that boat is built pretty well. The new ones seem to lack a little fit and finish. Def good looking boat, but I think Supra is the boat to beat right now. The new SE. I would’ve went with that but too much dinero lol. Went with a used 18 se. but honestly my Malibu feels every bit as nice on the inside. Just has a different feel.

As far as wave goes, haven’t even been behind a Supra ever lol. My Malibu stock was def lack luster for an adult, but soak it with weight and look out. The wave gets huge. Hopefully I will be equally as pleased with the new boat ls wave.

Truth be told, all of them can make a nice surf wave if setup right, and you can make things look Any way you want with enough tweaking. So unless you saw both boats side by side, be hard for me to believe the waves were that much better. All that aside, surf gate works really well. I hate to thrash any brand because we all love these boats for the same reason. Everyone has their own tastes and opinions and that’s what makes the world go around!

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post
    Coming from a 2012 Malibu 247 I can say that boat is built pretty well. The new ones seem to lack a little fit and finish. Def good looking boat, but I think Supra is the boat to beat right now. The new SE. I would’ve went with that but too much dinero lol. Went with a used 18 se. but honestly my Malibu feels every bit as nice on the inside. Just has a different feel.

As far as wave goes, haven’t even been behind a Supra ever lol. My Malibu stock was def lack luster for an adult, but soak it with weight and look out. The wave gets huge. Hopefully I will be equally as pleased with the new boat ls wave.

Truth be told, all of them can make a nice surf wave if setup right, and you can make things look Any way you want with enough tweaking. So unless you saw both boats side by side, be hard for me to believe the waves were that much better. All that aside, surf gate works really well. I hate to thrash any brand because we all love these boats for the same reason. Everyone has their own tastes and opinions and that’s what makes the world go around!

Did the 12s or 13s have a Surf Gate - I think it was 13?
    2018 Supra SL400